Premium Member
3,071 Posts
How old are they?

·
Registered
5 Posts
sawryan said:
Shoulda stayed red!!!!!
Who does this help? Thanks for a pointless post. And next time you say red maybe you should specify the SAW, Camburg, or Teamwest style shocks.

In regards to your question, when was the last time they were serviced, the psi might be low and need recharging. Too bad its not a schrader and you can have it done anywhere...

Also, are you running the longer travel shocks with stock uppers? It might be your balljoint acting as a bumpstop.

Lastly, how high are they cranked?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
BlueRanger said:
Who does this help? Thanks for a pointless post. And next time you say red maybe you should specify the SAW, Camburg, or Teamwest style shocks.
For a start smart ass, it is a joke.

How do you have your shocks set? If they are cranked to the max you might be fully extending them. How long have they been doin it for?

·
225 Posts
lynchart- Give us a call so you can walk us through your issue. If your shocks are fairly new and they have a Black shaft then you have the good shocks. The problem could be that the spring is not seated properly and its popping or that one of the mounting points is loose from install. If we cant figure it out over the phone we will send you out a new set of shocks for yours. Unlike all the other shocks out there Donahoe Racing shocks are backed with a lifetime warrenty.. If they are the original Donahoe/sway-a-way built shocks it makes sense...We have had a few problems from the original shocks that sway-a-way built for us. but they still have the same warrentee. If it is a new Donahoe designed shock then I'm sure its something silly you might have overlooked.

Call me Monday 714-632-3033
I'll take care of you.
Kreg Donahoe

Sawryan- If I worried as much about Sway-a-way as you do about Donahoe Racing I would never be able to get any work done. Build shocks dude. Build them well and take care of your customers and they will be there in droves.
There is plenty of room for all of us in this industry. Build Shocks Ryan...

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
sawryan said:
Shoulda stayed red!!!!!
Honda makes motorcycle parts that actually fit the tacoma?? :xdevil:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sawryan- If I worried as much about Sway-a-way as you do about Donahoe Racing I would never be able to get any work done. Build shocks dude. Build them well and take care of your customers and they will be there in droves.
There is plenty of room for all of us in this industry. Build Shocks Ryan...[/QUOTE]

My comment was merely an inside joke since Mr Lynch had our product and then switched to DR. Unfortunately at that time we had an issue w/ our 2.0" coil-overs and he had a set of these, and we did not have the fix in time to satisfy him so he opted to change which is fine, becasue I understand his frustration. Mr DR one thing you seem not to understand is that we embrace the competition and the consumers deserves choices, as it drives the manufactures to build better product and come out w/ new product. I believe it is you sir who needs to heed his own advice as I dont think that I have ever given one of your customer's the third degree of why he/she likes the DR over SAW, Camburg, Team West etc., everyone has their own opinion and they should not be made to feel uncomfortable because of their decision. You build an excellent product, and so do we we, let the consumers choose from the 2 best coil-overs on the market.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Donahoe said:
If they are the original Donahoe/sway-a-way built shocks it makes sense...We have had a few problems from the original shocks that sway-a-way built for us. but they still have the same warrentee.
Hey Kreg,
I am one of the guys that have the older Donahoes with the schrader valve...although I have not have had any problems(love them to death)
I did not get a chance to register them on your website, forgot who,when etc I bought them.
Would this pose as a problem in the future should I ever need any work done on them?

What problems have others had with them anyways?
Also, how often should I get them charged?

·
225 Posts
Chargedtaco- to be honest we havent had too much trouble.. the main thing is the shreader valve leaking.... so I would just have them check like once every couple of months. If you play off-road alot keep your eyes on the shafts as well. the chrome shafts are known to get pitted and cut seals. thats really about it... no matter what if you ever have any problems let us know... we will always take care of you.

hope that helps...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts