TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Old Timer
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This worked on my 98, don't know if it work on other years. Remove the panel under the steering wheel. There is a single blue wire between the parking brake and the ignition cyclinder. Unplug this wire, buzzer will stop when door is open, letting you listen to the radio with door open. The headlight buzzer will still work! :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I did this it worked fine on my 99 but I did pull the conection off the button when trying to strip the wire so be carefull when doing this mod don't go using a lot of force :D

·
Registered
565 Posts
You can do the same thing in a 1996.
Only you unplug the lime green wire with the red strip that is located in the block just below the fuse block below the steering wheel.
This only kills the door buzzer, not the headlight buzzer.
It's the 1st mod I ever did, on day one.

·
Registered
264 Posts
DakotaTacoma said:
You can do the same thing in a 1996.
Only you unplug the lime green wire with the red strip that is located in the block just below the fuse block below the steering wheel.
This only kills the door buzzer, not the headlight buzzer.
It's the 1st mod I ever did, on day one.
That's also how I did it on my 99. Cut the green wire with the red stripe on the 12 pin connector. :cool:

·
Registered
565 Posts
I opted to just unplug the wire rather than cut it, so I could reinstall it, when ever I decide to trade it in....which will not be for a while yet..... :)

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
TQM3 (Last IFS in AZ) said:
This worked on my 98, don't know if it work on other years. Remove the panel under the steering wheel. There is a single blue wire between the parking brake and the ignition cyclinder. Unplug this wire, buzzer will stop when door is open, letting you listen to the radio with door open. The headlight buzzer will still work! :D
hey,that sounds too easy.will the dome lite still come on?

·
Registered
301 Posts
JMacs2004 said:
Anyone ever tried that with a 2004? What color wire? The buzzer on my '93 got disabled with a screwdirver.
Bump for another '04...

·
Registered
460 Posts
id say the light and all other compents work b/c u only cut wire from door 2 buzzer, thing is when door opens the circuit completes for the buzzer and light, appears buzzer and light are different wires. dunno why but glad of it. i did the blue wire underdash, didnt kno wu could cut green w/ red ?? oo well.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I unpluged the little connection under the dash and it works great, no more irritating buzzer. Should come in handy when I take the doors off when it gets warm out.

·
Registered
40 Posts
JMacs2004 said:
Anyone ever tried that with a 2004? What color wire? The buzzer on my '93 got disabled with a screwdirver.
just looked under the steering column on my '03. I didn't find a blue wire, but I found a blue conncector for a 2-wire wiring harness. One of the wires was green with red stripe, the other was white with black strip. I unplugged that harness and it killed the door chime when key is on ACC. Dome light still works. My headlights turn off automatically if the ignition is turned from ON to OFF while lights are on. Anyone know if this is the same mod? Also, anyone know what that white with black stripe wire is for?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I cut the green wire with the red stripe on my 97 and my dash lights quit working and the buzzer still works. I think I either cut the wrong wire or cut it in the wrong place.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Does anyone know the "official" name of this wire that I could look up in a wiring diagram so I don't have the same problem as faithoffroad?

Thanks,
Jamie

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Jamier2...........I just fixxed it. Be sure to cut the wire that goes into the yellowish box right below the fuse box. I just pulled my fuse box cover and reached down with a pair of dikes and cut the wire.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
41 Participants
sirsaechao
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing