TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a set of at least kinda straight doors. I want to make half doors out of them, so paint damage or minor dents and such are no biggie. Obviously, things like the window or doorlocks don't need to be functional, and interior trim is unneccesary. Color is irrelevant, I'm going to line-x them when I'm done.

I have been looking at my local U-pulls, but I just about had a coronary. One of the u-pulls wanted $500 PER DOOR! the other wanted $650 for a set. I can go to the dealer and buy brand new factory door shells for $280 a piece.

I have a '98 tacoma, so I'm looking for something in the '95.5-'03 range, I believe.

And these u-pulls were in Corvallis and Albany. If you know a place where I can get them way cheaper, then that'd work too.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I am planning on doing the EXACT same thing as you man.. let me know how your project goes...good luck.. (i need doors as well to start my project)

-alex

·
Registered
933 Posts
Good luck man. Junkyard searching is your best bet. People around here and ebay are all about selling you their old doors till they realize that there is a demand for them. I have had leads to over 10 pairs of doors in the last 1.5 yrs and every single deal fell apart and none of it was my doing. Sometimes shipping disagreements, sometimes price increase, sometimes your just dealing with some 19 year old punk. I'll call thirds for some if you find a pile of them somewhere.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I knwo a guy in new mexico who has 2 white ones in good condition for 75 bucks if you are interested. I've been looking for a set too but found some elsewhere.

·
Registered
779 Posts
If one of us goes to TAP up in SAC or a pick n pull... let's let e/o know they have hundreds of door there! aeurelius and shovelracer did u get the hinges from 4x innovations for the half doors yet?

-Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts