TTORA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
any more info on that front end?
Here is a picture passenger side.

and driver side, to much wires in the way need to be cleaned, We also put CNC brakes, to close to the tubing but i think can be moved towards the dash side.

We also put the lexus long studs, and polish the outlaw II wheels, I have four of them the plan is to have at list 4 more, are 15x8 3.75 BS, if somebody have a set for sale let me know.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Truck is looking very nice..keep up the good work!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
what length coilovers are those? and what springs are you running?
This is the information from the invoice.

BLK 10" C/O 2-1/2 R/Res
4" 500 LB Spring
18" 3IN 600LBS coils

Does anybody have information of how to install the coil overs, I mean if I use the stock mounting bracket from the lower arm, where should I locate the upper suport, I just want to confirm If I did it right. I took the nitrogene pressure out to cicle the suspension and locate the top support in an agle to clear the frame at full drop and the arm on compression,If there is something like the information to set up the rear suspension leafs?

Thanks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Buen dia.

Some updates.

Bases for the bateries and for the spare tire.

Out of the garage, it runs great, still have some holes in the floor and a lot of things to do, but we will continue with fabrication until Fall, during the summer the plan is work on the body and paint it, install headers and gears with spol.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
why do you have that spacer on top of the spindle?

Buenas noches.

My idea was to reinforce this section of the spindle, and have more adjustmen for raid height and down travel in the setting of the coilovers, I have another set of stock spindles just in case my idea dont work.

More updates in a few weeks

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Was a long hot summer down here in Mexicali.

I finished the building of my double door garage, cover holes in the floor and start taking some wires out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Feliz 2013 para todos mis mejores deseos.

A little progress with the body square at the front with a new frame.
A lot of wires out, and the final harness, only ignition, transmission and lights.

I bought 2 doors of the passenger side, but has been very hard to find one roof in a junk yard, there was one on pirate 4x4 for sale but somebody else bought it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
anything new this year??

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
anything new this year??
Not much progress, I has been bussy at job, but had the chance to go to the swap met and got good deals.

5 projects BFG 35" like new
2 optimas red top with trays. new
Rock sliders for the tacoma 07 build by allpro. new raw steel
1 dual parker pumps, and 1 single, new.
3 helmets wired and plumbed. new.
intercom for the 3 helmets. new
3 race suits, shoes and gloves. new
GPS that did not work, new. Called PCI and they are going to change.
Jack mount. new
Used dash panel with switches, relays, and fuses.
3 5 points 3" PRP seat harnes. new.
and some other things

I am happy and ready to continue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Some updates
New fuse box and air filter location.

Rear bumper

Front bumper

GPS, Front brace and a pasenger handle.

Parker pumpers

·
Registered
781 Posts
Very nice. I like the fuse box location! And we just moved our intake to roughly that same spot. Should pull much cooler and cleaner air inside.

And what wall thickness is that lower bumper section? You can split larger tubing in half lengthwise to add thickness....or just run this one and it may work for you. Our bumper is out pretty far and low too, and we've beat the living crap out of it every race. We now have a 1.5" od SOLID bar for our lower tube section. It doesnt flex back very far anymore after a race....but weve got some huge gnarly gashes all across it from smacking rocks and what not.

And my passenger says he wants a grab bar too haha

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Very nice. I like the fuse box location! And we just moved our intake to roughly that same spot. Should pull much cooler and cleaner air inside.

And what wall thickness is that lower bumper section? You can split larger tubing in half lengthwise to add thickness....or just run this one and it may work for you. Our bumper is out pretty far and low too, and we've beat the living crap out of it every race. We now have a 1.5" od SOLID bar for our lower tube section. It doesnt flex back very far anymore after a race....but weve got some huge gnarly gashes all across it from smacking rocks and what not.

And my passenger says he wants a grab bar too haha

Is 1 1/2" 0.095" wall, I like your idea to add strength, I saw the pictures how your lower bumper ends after the race, so it will help thanks for your advice, Thanks!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
18 Participants
Omtoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing