TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
First time out of the garage after 2 years, the picture is at Valle de la Trinidad at the Baja 500. We finish the cooler rack just in time for the race.

Took everything apart, and ready for the body shop.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Since I never found a crashed Tacoma with a good roof, this was my second option.

This is how it looks now.

Putting everything back together.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Buen dia a todos

A complete test was done, Accessories, suspension components, cage and body.

Everything pass the test, but the driver did not pass.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Oh shit! That sucks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Yes everyone okay, just cosmetic nothing bad we put it on its wheels and drive back home fine, we really enjoy the test, just a little more work to do.

First time I look for something and find the same day, the 2 passenger side doors for 190dlls.

All the sheet metal is done and doors in place, in to weekends more will be ready again. Looks fine in red.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
From black to red

I found some pictures of a Marauder truck or tank on top gear show and liked the color.

This is how it looks now.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Is the windshield real glass?

·
Registered
408 Posts
The color looks very similar to the toyota I just recently sold. On my screen though, it almost looks like it has a texture. Is it just paint or is it something else? Looks good either way!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Feliz Navidad.

It is only paint, roof and hood is black as the wheels, I did all the body and paint in my garage

Bought some fiber glass and resin and fix the fenders too.

Took me some weekends but Iam happy with the results.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
This is my update for the last months, I pre run for the code night race in may at laguna salada and at the same time test the truck with the hydraulic bump stops, this supposed to be my first race but the spindles bend. and the lower control arms suffer damage. This happen one week before the race I try to fix it during the week but was impossible.

During the rest of the summer I work to fix it and reinforce some other things and one week before the race I was ready to pre run again for the CODE Mexicana Logistics (One week ago). but a turret press at work fail, we order a controller from Finland and we receive 5 days before the race, but the back up programs did not work so a programmer came from Chicago to redo the executive programs to match with the PLC, so the machine start running one night before the race, again impossible to do it.
Next race is the baja 1000, but I will be spectator, (too expensive for me). There is a Code race on November 29, Mexicali to San Felipe.
I hope this is.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Buy some spindles from Solo Motorsports?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I see you added plates on the sides and bottom of the frame side motor mount, but did you add metal tabs where the motor mounts bolt through? In most cases, those little tabs are what rip off the frame first (the trucks ive fixed). For racing beef those tabs way up 3/16" or 1/4" plate should do it.
Buenas noches.
Yes I add tabs and gussets for more strength, I was thinking in grind everything out and make new brackets, but I decide to box it with plates around to have it ready for the race.
Stronger motor mounts will come latter for sure.

Now I am preparing all miscellaneous stuff for November race.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Buenas noches
Finally after more than 3 years I finish the project to partipate in my first race.
The CODE Mexicali- San Felipe, was a great race, we finish and got the third place.
Truck ran great, and returned home complete only a rear fender damage when another car pass us.
I am happy and ready to prepare the car for the San Felipe 250 or the first race of CODE in 2015.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts
About this Discussion
70 Replies
18 Participants
Omtoy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing