TTORA Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Thanks guys.

The van is own by my brother in law is a nice rig, have air conditioning, heater, race radio, nice sound system, carpet and seats. actually he was my navigator, and in the rear seat was my daughter the first 80 miles then my compadre from mile 80 to the end.

This is how the truck looks now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Buen dia

Our second race, Code GP. weather was perfect, All the trucks in the class start on line at the same time, two heats of 3 the laps, the loop was of 20 miles, the first turn on the track was to the left and I was the last on the right the strategy was to let the other go, since I am new. We recover some places but we got a flat tire and lose some time we where late at the finish on the first heat, for the second heat, only 8 of the 10 trucks of the class start, we finished 3th on the heat, 4th on the race. Only we and 3 more finish the race.
Here are some pictures.

From Race dezert

From Robbots media

From my cel

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Almost ready for our third race.

Thanks
I has been working on the truck for the next CODE Race.

Replace bearings and seals to the axle and reinforce, spring plates.
Past Saturday took the truck to Plaster City to adjust the shocks. Mark Cowan help us and truck really improve.

Now I am checking all the electric connections, and relocate to fuel filter. new oil on the axle, and engine, change air filters to the engine and parker pumps.

I had the chance to go to the Curt Leduc swap meet, and bought some parts.

This Saturday I am planning on pre run the track.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
^ I like those plates!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Hi everybody

Race was very good, here are some pictures. 6 trucks were register but at the end only 5 were at the start line.
We finish second place only 36 seconds from the first place.

We are very happy and ready to start working for the next one.

I drove the truck to the tech inspection and stop on the way back home to eat some hotdogs.

During the contingency we got some signatures from the crowd.

Close to the start

All in line.

Start.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Buen dia

We race past week and finish fourth. 5 trucks were register was a grand prix at Agua Hechicera in Tecate, 2 heats 17 miles track 3 laps each heat.

Was dusty and very narrow not many open areas to pass. great race. I hope next race we do better in October the Mexicana Logistics.

Truck ran great, I took apart the suspension this weekend and everything looks fine, only a little damage on the skid plate we hit a big rock after a turn we went over the trees and rocks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Hi everybody

After my first season racing in the 7s class in code we got a second place in points of the championship, the last race was great we got second place 11 minutes behind the first place after 7 hours of racing. Past year was our first race and got third.

for this year I hope I can get a first place. I am happy with the results and the truck still in one piece, The 2016 season start 2 weeks ago buy this year I am planning in race only in 3 events, the night race in April, the Mexicana logistics in October and the Mexicali-San Felipe in December.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts