TTORA Forum banner

301 - 320 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
yah i was wondering if it wored like that cause ... it would be cool to keep the frame with a wider axle housing... eventually i want to try it and maybe c knotch the frame in on both sides where the shocks would be...
is that the only clearance issue when linking on our trucks? (where the shock path is)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Thats why I had to ditch the frame. When the axle got on weird angles the shocks would hit the frame . You could notch the frame to clear the shocks but I don't thik it is worth it just hack the frame off.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
So I have heard that these damn things leak when they are mounted on there sides....I guess I will take it out when I am not driving it and we will see how long she lasts.

I think I have everything I need for the S/C install. What gaskets do I need to get? and where can I get a bung for my AFR gauge?(in town) Let me know when it works for you to come over and give me a hand. How is Tanners truck comming?
You need a new Throttle body gasket that is round on the ID and you reuse the stock ones for the blower.

Your afr should have come with a bung. If not I would check with import places or Napa might have one.

It's coming along. but I'm spending alot of time getting this "bolt on" 4 link to work right. Or even fit right on the frame. :mad:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
Looks badass Nate!!!! That new crossmember came out bad ass with those Camburg tube clamps.
Thanks now I need to get my battery relocated my inner fender is starting to sag alittle. We are close on the tune I have been driving it for the last few days and at about 2300rpms and 6lbs of boost she has alittle ping. I am taking the wife out Sunday and gonna put some miles on it in the dirt.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
looks nice nate any more pics of the truck or is it still the same

It looks pretty much the same the next big thing for me will be paint then Jordan is going to come out and shoot it for Off Road Mag. I am taking my wife out on Sunday and she has a new camera so I will get some more action shots and a few short videos.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Thanks now I need to get my battery relocated my inner fender is starting to sag alittle. We are close on the tune I have been driving it for the last few days and at about 2300rpms and 6lbs of boost she has alittle ping. I am taking the wife out Sunday and gonna put some miles on it in the dirt.
Cool I can tune that out real easy.

Keep on the look out for a URD AFR box, you can get them for about $150ish used. It will help with the lower RPM's and higher boost in closed loop.

·
Registered
284 Posts
im sure its been said before... but did you make any mods to your drive shaft for the 4 link?only reason for asking is cause i have heard that it is fine without changing it and i have heard that it is better to

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Back from the dead with a few action shots. Only a few updates ditch one of the cats, got a AFR box from URD installed, and thats about it. Next is headers, paint, and a 9".

301 - 320 of 340 Posts
About this Discussion
339 Replies
66 Participants
prerunnerguy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing