TTORA Forum banner

321 - 340 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #322
Finally started working on putting a 9" under my D-cab. If any wants to send funds to help out just let me know.. :D
Crappy cell phone pic..

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #327
Not yet, I going to build it as a FF so I haven't bought the hubs yet. They are damn expensive and there is so many choices out there.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Not yet, I going to build it as a FF so I haven't bought the hubs yet. They are damn expensive and there is so many choices out there.
I'm not sure if you would be interested or not because you just said that you wanted to run a Full Floater. But my friend bought a new Blitz housing off of RDC and forgot to check what lug pattern it was. So when he received the housing he found out it was 6 on 5.5 lug pattern not the 5 on 5.5 he needed. The housing had flanges on the end to run the big chevy bearing. So he had to have those flanges cut off and replaced with the Ford big bearing ends.

He now has the brand new Currie 35 spline axles with chevy big bearing, and the weld on axle flanges all brand new that he has no need for and needs to sell. He has tried to get me to buy them off of him, but I just don't have the funding to buy a fabricated housing right now. The axle was setup for like an 88" trackwidth (fullsize truck), so the axles would need to be cut down and resplined based off how wide you want your setup.

Anyways let me know if you're interested. Full Floaters are definitely bad ass, but like i'm sure you've found out they are not cheap by any means. Currie told him that the axles/bearings cost around $575 new, and the weld on axles flanges are $275 new. He would be willing to sell them for a lot cheaper since he knows these will be hard to find the right buyer. His axle tubes are 3.5" is that what your housing is?

·
Registered
249 Posts
PM sent... sorry to clutter your thread, should have probably PM'd you the first time.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #335
Nope not sitting, I have just been driving it and not done any new updates. Still trying to talk myself into getting it painted and peicing the 9" together, also working on ditching the rear bench seat for 2 racing seats and a center console that runs from the back to the front.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nope not sitting, I have just been driving it and not done any new updates. Still trying to talk myself into getting it painted and peicing the 9" together, also working on ditching the rear bench seat for 2 racing seats and a center console that runs from the back to the front.
how has that rearend held up? blown through and ring gear's lately?

321 - 340 of 340 Posts
About this Discussion
339 Replies
66 Participants
prerunnerguy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing