TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://doverdirttrails.com/id7.html

Open one weekend a month to trucks, they are located 20-30min south of canton, and the cost is $20 per vehicle

Me and Steve checked this place out this morning. Upon arrival we discovered a fairly large parking lot (which was empty:confused:) and a small check in structure where we were asked to fill out waivers and pay, after a short speech about the rules and a brief description of what to expect we were on our way. Also there is a outhouse located there.

The trails are one way and clearly marked by both direction and difficulty and essentially everything just goes in a big loop making it impossible for even someone as directionally challenged as myself to get lost

we immediately were forced to choose between the main trail and the rock trail, we chose the main trail and from there followed all the signs marked Hard what we found were mostly some steep climbs and a few mudholes, one of which I decided to bypass after it tried to swallow my front tires. there was also a narrow rocky section with a drop off on both sides that wasn't difficult just a little nerve racking due to the drop offs on either side. Granted its been a extremely dry summer but I only found it neccessary to put it in 4wd for just a couple hill climbs during this loop, but I think had it been wet some of the stuff would have been a bit hairier, after about 40min or so we found ourselves back at the parking lot

We decided to take another loop. This time we took the rock trail and soon found ourselves in terrain that was a little more interesting and a few fun obstacles that unfortunately we weren't able to complete due to the breakover points on our vehicles. After a rocky hill climb and a few 3 point turns we again found ourselves back at the main lot, we probably spent 40 min on this loop as well but quite a bit of it was playing on obstacles

My overall impression is that if you live fairly close and are looking for a quick wheeling fix (just a couple hours) it is a worthwhile choice, also for stockish vehicles worried about body damage or inexperienced drivers this would be a good place to go as the trails are well groomed and clearly marked but you will need to make a few 3 point turns.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Good review Terry!
My wife and I have been here a couple times on bikes and it is a nice place for a beginner on bikes.
When it is wet, some of the rock trails are challenging on a bike. (Trials tires may help greatly.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
SuperPoser
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing