TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some told me it was a waste of time to replace the stock rear frame with 2x3 box tube, but for an extra $18 for the tube itself (the 2x3), and alot less grinding of stock brackets off the frame, it was well worth it. I made the main part of the frame on the bench, then cut the stock off and welded the new one on, went on really easy and it all turned out good. The first place I tacked it on was where it needed to be (suprisingly). The whole thing is not completely done yet, I am just working on it as I have time. The tube consists of all 1 3/4, the interior and B-pillar is mostly .120 wall DOM, with some short pieces of HREW in a couple places. The rear cage is .091 DOM, shock hoop is .120, as is the tire carrier (HREW), and a few other pieces on it. I am still going to add a couple more bars in the rear when I get some tube/time, as well as put some fenders/floor in the tube section, probably 14 gauge steel, could be 1/8" because a little bit of weight isn't going to hurt me any :) Might be about time to relocate the battery to the rear...

Overall it drives good, little stiffer than before, but once I get it finished, it should be fine. Whatcha think?

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tacom...//pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tacomas747/my_photos

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hey man it looks good. I like the dove tail a lot. Keep up the good work.

In two weeks I'm linking my rear end and I might shoot you some questions if I decide to just cut of the rear frame instead of cleaning it up and bracing it all over.
N8 :welder:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts