TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to buy a new exhaust manifold, so my question to those of you running either set up. the choices, because money is short, is an ebay cast manifold, the downey header and the pacesetter header for my 2.7. i relly don't want another cast but if enough people hat either brand so bad then it might become a choice.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
the downey is $227.24 for ceramic and $191.33 for chrome, thats gotta be better then a pacesetter, right? also that price is at www.bajaconcepts.com, does anybody have delt with them

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ShowStop said:
Stay away from Downey products. Their header for the 2.7L is ok, but tends to leak where the turn-down attaches to the header. The Pacesetter headers are better then the Downey IMHO, but I still prefer the LCE header. You get what you pay for.
yea i would rather have a lce but money doesn't allow it and i need to do something with my cracked manifold. might as well get a pacesetter..

·
Registered
216 Posts
You guys that dig the Pacesetters are porbably right, save the thicker tubing, thicker plating, smog legal Downey headers for the guys who demand higher quality for one reason or another. Regarding the down pipe leaking at the Header, that is what clamps, double clamps, or big buck clamps are for

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
You guys that dig the Pacesetters are porbably right, save the thicker tubing, thicker plating, smog legal Downey headers for the guys who demand higher quality for one reason or another. Regarding the down pipe leaking at the Header, that is what clamps, double clamps, or big buck clamps are for
who are you..... the official Downey rep?

·
Registered
216 Posts
WSLYTOY, your right, I'm the official Downey rep (owner). Evidently I could just keep my information to myself, keep building Headers to Air Resources Board high standards/requirements, then let all the high powerer internet engineers get it all sorted out on the world wide web!!!!!

·
Administrator
18,217 Posts
WSLYTOY, your right, I'm the official Downey rep (owner). Evidently I could just keep my information to myself, keep building Headers to Air Resources Board high standards/requirements, then let all the high powerer internet engineers get it all sorted out on the world wide web!!!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
I bought a pacesetter header for my 2.7 because at the time I couldnt find anything else and it works alright. My advice would be to not use ANY of the shitty cheap paper gaskets they provide though. Most of mine blew out in a week and needed replacement. If I had to do it again, I would probably have gone with downey or LCE, but theres always when this one breaks..

·
Registered
160 Posts
FWIW I have the downey headers on my 3.4. (I know it's a different motor, but I can tell you about quality) I think they are a decent header...no complaints anyways.

Way better than my crappy NWOR I had on my '83.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
uh ok....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
540 Posts
I bought the Downey header and followed the instructions on using the copper coat. No leaks or any other problems. I got the chrome one and have had it for a year now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
xsvtoyz
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing