TTORA Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that about says it. Don't plan on getting the rear part of the front skid to bolt onto the adapter plate. The cross-over pipe that Downey requires you to use with their headers for the '04 Tacoma is too low to allow the skid plate to bolt onto the adapter plate. I know, I know, I know. . . . I live in Califiornia and have the Downey headers which are not smog certified in California for the '04 Tacoma. :rolleyes: Anyway, I actually did a bunch of searching for a write-up on the Budbuilt installation and never ran across any threads discussing a conflict. . . . well, besides the All-Pro front bumper and the Budbuilt skids. So, heres my contribution. It looks to only require a little :saw: and :welder: on the cross-over coming from the driver's side. I ran into this problem today so I'll have more info next week.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oops!

Well, it's too late to do anything about it tonight but that still doesn't cover the fact that, yes, I should've posted pics the first time. I'll take of it when I get back from work tomorrow. Sorry 'bout that!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I would like to see what you are talking about, the skids bolt under the steering rack and up front near the crossmember.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts