TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use this cable conversion set up? Im looking into getting a trd third for my 2002 DC that is open in the rear and swaping, but dont know if I should look into getting the electronics for the E locker or get this cable mechanism from downey and be done with it?

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I've heard bad reports on it. If you get the electrics squared away your problems will most likely disappear.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dick.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CronusTRD said:
Get the kit from Inchworm
Thanks, I couldnt remember where I saw it and you reminded me of it. I will definitely do that.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
CronusTRD said:
Get the kit from Inchworm
x2 I have them for both my front and rear lockers. I have nothing but good things to say about Jim and his Team.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
the switch kit is over-rated, its $10 in parts at radioshack... as for the harness marlin sells them as does inchworm

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
There is a complete write up in FAQ/TECH of you'd bother to look or do a search.

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Dick Foster said:
I've heard bad reports on it. If you get the electrics squared away your problems will most likely disappear.

dick knows...lol...I sold a trd 3rd a couple months back..one guy wanted to put it in a jeep, regear it & make it a cable operated. LOL, NO clue why. I`m works GREAT using relays. Why do some people have no clue how a relay works???

I was thinking about making the relay bank set-up (w/ wiring already done)&/or selling a schematic...

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Oh really? Please explain. How are you going to accomplish polarity reversal with a single resistor all by it's lonesome.
Tell ya what, you tell me how to do that and I will introduce you to some people out here in silly cone valley that will make you a very rich man. I've been in electronics all my life covering everything from soup to nuts in the field and I don't think it can be done. LOL

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Damn dude, it's a schematic and that's a kind of picture ya know. LOL
There has to be someone out there that can help you understand. It's really simple electrical stuff. Just print it out and show them. Where is Dickinson? If it's anywhere close to Houston I know that Shannon knows because he was an electrician before he started whoring Toyota parts.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
I think you misunderstood me when I wanted to see it in person, I am kind of new to those kind of mods. and just wanted to see how it all looks once it is in. Ive never installed any kind of lockers. As far as electronics go, I got that. (I can screw in a light bulb :D )....just kidding....
I just like to see how other folks do things to give me ideas
Thanks,

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Damn dude, it's a schematic and that's a kind of picture ya know. LOL
There has to be someone out there that can help you understand. It's really simple electrical stuff. Just print it out and show them. Where is Dickinson? If it's anywhere close to Houston I know that Shannon knows because he was an electrician before he started whoring Toyota parts.

It`s not just an on/off switch.....yeah it`s a motor, but it has "limit flags" so it doesn`t over travel...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts