TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about buying a downey shackle when i get my 5100(if they ever become awailable again)
with my stock trd springs

anyone have any experience with these, pros? cons?
thanks

about how much lift will it give me

·
Registered
121 Posts
i was also thinking about getting one. I know many people on this board have them. On their site it doesn't say about an application for the newer tacomas. I know they probably still fit though (don't know year of your truck). Are you doing a 3" suspension lift? So BUMP for a member with knowledge to chime in.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I don't have the Downey's but I have the greasable Daystar's (1.5" lift) from Wheeler's and like them so far...

·
Registered
130 Posts
i have the downey's. I first had them with stock trd springs and now with deavers. When i put them on with the trd springs, the allowed alot more flex. Ride was the same. With the deavers, the ride is much better along with more flex, but most of that is from the deavers.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have a 99, downey makes the rubicon and the heavyduty shackle both fitting any year tacoma

no not the 3in lift, i want the stock length 5100 with the 3/4-1 1/4in lift from the shackle nothing major for hight

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
with the longer shackles you'll need longer shocks, stock length wont work. i have the downey HD 1.5" lift shackles with stock springs and they flex very well...if you click the link in my sig there might be a few flex shots but i'm not positive

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
shadymilkman said:
thinking about buying a downey shackle when i get my 5100(if they ever become awailable again)
with my stock trd springs

anyone have any experience with these, pros? cons?
thanks

about how much lift will it give me
they work for me. I should have gotten the greasable bolts with them, however.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts