TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you need a place to go to a suspension system for your truck, these guys are it. By far and away the best prices and customer service is second to none. This is where I got my bilstein 5100s for all 4 corners and they are awesome.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
So, you ended up going with Bils all around. I thought you were pretty bent on the King CO's. Anyway...How do you like them, any comments?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I havent installed them as of yet. I didn't want to go with kings because I didn't want to mount resis. and the cost. I am getting some spindles so I don't need to lift my truck by compressing the coil. I am just going to lift the front4 inches with the spindle and the rear 1.5inches with some deavers. The 5100s are great quality though I can't wait to install them, everyone who has installed though loves them.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
SinCityTaco said:
I havent installed them as of yet. I didn't want to go with kings because I didn't want to mount resis. and the cost. I am getting some spindles so I don't need to lift my truck by compressing the coil. I am just going to lift the front4 inches with the spindle and the rear 1.5inches with some deavers. The 5100s are great quality though I can't wait to install them, everyone who has installed though loves them.
10-4 sounds like you have a winner there. IMO, you can't go wrong with those bils. If the adjustables had been available, I probably would have bought them.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Yeah, these guys are good. I called them and ordered the front shocks at an awesome price w/ free shipping. Installed them at the 2nd to the top level, I don't know maybe 2 inches of lift, and the ride is nice. Now if I can find out what's causing my steering wheel shimmy at 50 mph.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Slergio said:
Yeah, these guys are good. I called them and ordered the front shocks at an awesome price w/ free shipping. Installed them at the 2nd to the top level, I don't know maybe 2 inches of lift, and the ride is nice. Now if I can find out what's causing my steering wheel shimmy at 50 mph.
I had the same problem when I ran BFG Muds. No matter how many times I tried to balance them, they were always out of round. Steering wheel always shook around 50 mph. I bought Toyo M/T Open Country and haven't had a problem since. I am willing to bet it's the tires.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Slergio said:
It's the tires. Bad belt or something. Put the backs on the front and check it out. That will give you a better idea. If that doesn't work, borrow a pair of stockers for the front and see if they vibe, then you know it's the tires. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts