TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I am writing this to get some input from the group. I need to know if anyone else has set their DR's at 3", and have the same Taco I do. What I am looking for is the thread measurement from the adjustment collar to the top thread. DR sets their factory coils at 2", and with my truck and tires, I need to crack them way down to get clearance from my body mount on the frame. As it is they rub in cranked reverse, and in good compression. DR says you can't crank to 3" unless you have stronger control arm, as I do, but run the risk of the control arm hitting the coil. Do I cut and re-welled the body mount, or does anyone have any better solutions?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I have an 05 DC shortbed. My front end is lifted 3.0. Donahoe told me that every 4 turns of the collar equals approximately .50 of lift. I have 2.30 inches of thread showing. Keep in mind that I don't have a winch or heavy bumper on the front end. I still rub a little at full stuff and lock.

·
Registered
73 Posts
mojavegold said:
I have an 05 DC shortbed. My front end is lifted 3.0. Donahoe told me that every 4 turns of the collar equals approximately .50 of lift. I have 2.30 inches of thread showing. Keep in mind that I don't have a winch or heavy bumper on the front end. I still rub a little at full stuff and lock.
2.3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im pretty sure youre not supposed to go over 2" of thread showing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'd cut the body mount and get your DR's back to around 2 inches.

Having them cranked up high gives a shitty ride and pretty much nill downtravel. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having a top notch suspension setup.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I spoke to a rep at donahoe and the max adjustment is no longer 2.0 of thread showing. The directions are outdated. I agree, I will be cranking them down to 2.5 lift after I mod the body mount. The ride will be much better and I will have an extra .50 inche of droop and no boot/CV issues. I was also waiting to see how much the front coils were going to settle after wheeling it for a while. Nothing is a slam dunk with this stuff, every truck is a little different. Eventually I wanted to end up with 2.5 worth of lift after settling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts