TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking into purchasing the Dohahoe front coilover setup for my 04' Tacoma TRD V-6 Xcab 4X4. I'm planning on lifting the front only. Has anybody done this type of mod? If so, can I lift it to the max 3" if I install the diff drop kit? Or only 2"? I've read on some dr distributor's web site's that it is only recomended to lift it 2" for 4X4 applications.
Thank you! :confused:

·
Re-Member 9/11
292 Posts
kamaaina1 said:
I'm looking into purchasing the Dohahoe front coilover setup for my 04' Tacoma TRD V-6 Xcab 4X4. I'm planning on lifting the front only. Has anybody done this type of mod? If so, can I lift it to the max 3" if I install the diff drop kit? Or only 2"? I've read on some dr distributor's web site's that it is only recomended to lift it 2" for 4X4 applications.
You can go the 3" with a diff drop, but the dr's get stiff at that height. Also with that much lift in the front, you will be nose high if you dont lift the rear too.
Your probably going to get yelled at for your post though, using the "search" function will get you more info on this subject than you can read in a night!
Just ignore the "Post Police", and welcome to the world of Modding your Taco!
Bill

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
kamaaina1 said:
Long way from the island, eh??? There is an issue with auto locking hubs, and some vibrate over 2"- 2-1/2" of lift. Manual hubs have no problems. They will get stiffer up that high, the spring rate is 650, stock is around 480. With 2-1/2" lift, you will fit a 265/75/16 on stock rims, and almost never rub. The ride will be so much better than stock, you'll be real happy. SHOOTS!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts