TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've had the truck for about 5 years and have gone though the "spacers and blocks" stage which isn't much worth mentioning so Lets just start with the current progress.

I call her the TTORA Junk Yard Build because every aftermarket part I have installed have been bought through TTORA from other members.

Heres a few snaps of the Tundra add a leaf I made and just installed.

Got them hacked up and ready to go on this weekend.

Besides scaring the hell out of me the angle grinder with a 10" cutting wheel cut through them like butter. Took maybe 45 to 60 seconds to cut through.

Then the drill press with a masonry bit and some lube drilled through with no problem. Took a couple min per hole but I only had to sharpen the bit once. All of my other bits including the one I spend good $ on for drilling hard metal kept binding up but the masonry bit worked like a champ.

Now for the install.

Only took me 2 hours to install the new leafs by myself. Pretty painless actually.

I started off with a rear frame height of 16" and ended up with just over 17" (I measured from just under the hole in the frame right in front of the front leaf hangers). So a gain of about 1 1/4" of lift which should match pretty well with the 882's I'm putting up front this weekend.

Here's my wrenching buddy. He actually took off with a lug not when I was putting the tires back on. Damn I love that dog.

Back to the truck...

All done

Next will be the install of the 882's hopefully this weekend.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm planning on attempting to build a set of sliders soon and fix the locker. Then I can do some real wheeling rather than sitting at the kiddy table every time I go out with my Jeep buddies.

Lift Specs:
Front - OME 882's on Rancho RS9000's
Rear - Stock Taco leafs with my home made Tundra add-a-leaf and stock length shocks (I'm planning on getting some billie short bodies as soon as the bank account lets me).

I'm sure I'd have better flex with some more weight (armor) on the front end and shocks in the back that aren't limiting the travel.

Now for the web wheeling flex shots!

Crazy IFS Flex!

Just kidding....

Just because I can...

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The most recent changes would be the addition of a shell/topper and some 33's!

I was flexing it out to see how the shell did considering its the type with the rubber seal that seals against the cab.

Not to bad for a home made rear lift,stock length rear shocks & the sway bar still connected! Should flex out a little better when I get around to installing the 10" 5150's.

I just bought a welder last week so I'll hopefully have some sliders built some time soon. If I can find time that is.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I decided to do the steering slip yolk mod described in this thread:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161689

Everything came apart real easy. If you read ahead in that thread you find it's not necisary to remove all of the dash parts and ignition parts.

Quick zap on each side. I didn't bother prepping the metal because I wanted the weld to be just enough to stop movement but weak enough to snap if I get in a bad wreck.

The mod worked like a charm! no more play or wondering on the road. I still have a slight pop occasionally when at full lock but I think it's the rack guide which is next...

We got a new tow rig!

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Trying to get my junk ready for a Clayton, OK trip next month.

New sliders ready to be attached.

got my bumps extended, 5150's and shackles on.

gotta pull the swaybar again for the trip.

Finaly got my rear locker working again! I was getting sick of pulling the actuator and locking it by hand every time.

Now if I can only find some damn skids within my budget!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts