TTORA Forum banner

601 - 620 of 2003 Posts

·
7,735 Posts
not that I've seen, and i've always wanted to try a 'fresh' slider.. I've had the frozen/microwave kind, it can't be the same.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Cant believe no one said any thing about White Castle. do you all have those out here?
not that I've seen, and i've always wanted to try a 'fresh' slider.. I've had the frozen/microwave kind, it can't be the same.
Only the frozen kind, like Doug said. Damn the fresh ones are GREAT. Always grabbed some when I went back east to visit family. Loved those when I was growing up in NW Indiana. :xozzy::kewl::headbang::dancing::xrocker:

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Why do they call em sliders? Cuz they slide down yer throat? Ewe.....

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
meh - White Castle is OK ... I think it's one of those things where it's about the experience/atmosphere, not the burger itself. Usually when I talk to people who are like "WC is the bomb" they don't go there for lunch or dinner ... that's where they go after clubbin' or something... same thing with Primanti Bros in Pittsburgh ...

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
meh - White Castle is OK ... I think it's one of those things where it's about the experience/atmosphere, not the burger itself. Usually when I talk to people who are like "WC is the bomb" they don't go there for lunch or dinner ... that's where they go after clubbin' or something... same thing with Primanti Bros in Pittsburgh ...
Eh, different taste buds. May be different if you were raised having them decently often. I love those damn things.

Now ultimate food, not just drinking food, is Strongbows (sp??) in Valparaiso. Amazing turkey, fresh, not frozen.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
So now that Nic and I made it to norcal after 2 days of driving I am kicking back with some tasty Mike's hard lemonaid! Most delishous!

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
I just found out that White Castle was started in Wichita Kansas in 1921. The first food chain to treat food like an assembly line. Kinda interesting story. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Castle_(restaurant)
I thought it was also interesting that it was founded in Wichita, but there isn't a White Castle to be found in Kansas now. Not very many people have ever even heard of them there???

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Jeremey, may be downtown tonight a bit with Bob. Give me a call.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Ah Jeremy. If my sobriety gave out and my po box was still in Longmont I would take you up in a heartbeat.:D
I know you would Kyle! You're one of my favorite drinking buddies. But you have incredible self control, to be sober so long. The hardest drinking people sometimes have the strongest will. You flew too close to the sun on wings of whiskey, my friend. One of these days we'll tip a few cold ones back.

And Matt....how do you know you're too old for a bionic beaver...have you tried one?!:D Good luck in poker tonight.

And Dave, I'll holler at you later.

601 - 620 of 2003 Posts