TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2001 TacomaTRD with the 3.6L motor. Recently It has been experiencing some weird drivability issues. First off I have a P1135 code and I replaced my upstream O2 sensor, which didn't fix my light. And recently after that I had issues where my temperature gauge would rise time to time, got the thermostat replaced and didn't really fix problem. Now, when the temperature gauge rises while Im driving (30-40mph is about all I do around home) the transmission will seem as if it is in neutral (happens at same time as temp gauge jump) time to time. I even had the truck stall, and turn off on me after stopping in my neighborhood. I took it to mechanic and it did nothing while they drove it. I keep thinking it is my TCC solenoid but I dont know if that would cause the slip feeling at 30-40mph. 170,000 miles. I need some advice on what this could be and how to fix it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Sounds like a bad electrical connection to me wreaking havoc on the sensors and as a result the input to the computer. Check your connections for corrosion and the routing of your wires to the 02 sensor and any other sensors. If the O2 sensor wires (or any others) are run too close to your exhaust the heat from your exhaust can conduct through the copper wires and cause the sensors to behave oddly. In short check all of your electrical connections and the routing of the wires to be sure everything is properly secured.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was just a bad ground...I thought I had checked them all, turns out I didn't. Just another $100 mechanic visit. Thanks for the response.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts