TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drive Desert Scrub Down 2010

I need to start Saturday’s story by giving thanks to a few people, I will include pictures of those who I can...
First thanks goes out to Doug and the DRIVE crew for all they did on saturday and the weeks leading up to the DRIVE DESERT SCRUB DOWN II.
-to Ilya for the ride to the desert!

-to Jonathan and friends for showing up, cleaning up, and all the help throughout the day’s events.

and finally to Doc (and the entire RideClubSD club!), a heck of a D38 desert racer, and desert afficianado. Oh and thanks for taking the trailer:D!

Now on to the story which is not chronologically correct, nor accurate in any way.

My truck was still not running Friday night so I hitched a ride with Ilya to desert. Met up with RJ and family and then saw this guy cruising towards the camp a little too fast:D

Met Jon and friends, went to sign up at PCE, dropped RJ’s trailer there, and hit the Choo-Choo road to the cut across to head to the dip! After Ilya sky hucked his stock rear end through the whoops Jon found this....

Michele and Nathan found these...

I picked up twice that amount before anyone else was out of the trucks then took pictures:D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now on to the story which is not chronologically correct, nor accurate in any way.

My truck was still not running Friday night so I hitched a ride with Ilya to desert. Met up with RJ and family and then saw this guy cruising towards the camp a little too fast:D

Met Jon and friends, went to sign up at PCE, dropped RJ’s trailer there, and hit the Choo-Choo road to the cut across to head to the dip! After Ilya sky hucked his stock rear end through the whoops Jon found this....

Michele and Nathan found these...

I picked up twice that amount before anyone else was out of the trucks then took pictures:D

We marked this spot on the GPS so we could come back with the entire group and much more room for junk. We were off to The Dip to dump what we had then to find these guys...

We then went back to our spot and got some more....

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Then we filled Doc’s trailer...

^Spot the differences:D
That is all for pictures as RJ’s 3rd member ate itself 5 miles out from PCE, Ilya towed him in, Jon towed him to the tow truck which took RJ to my house at the beach, and Doc took RJ’s trailer to El Centro to store it till it can be picked up...I waited with his family at the DRIVE trailer for Ilya to pick us up and take us all back to PB for Easter.
I did this with my nephew...

Then there was an Earthquake and RJ’s truck did this....

Rolled about 4 feet before hitting the wall. “Park” does nothing when there are no gears in your rear end:D
the end...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Haha thats the most damage i have heard from the earthquake so far! That was a fun day hanging out with you guys we need to go back out again soon but for longer and bring our bikes. And of course drink a lot more banquets!
-Brandon

·
Registered
895 Posts
cool pics, Mike!
this was a fun trip and I am really glad we got to meet up again - it's been a while!
it was good to meet John and his friends! John's cool 4door taco with longtravel made me really think of getting long travel for my truck and probably even caging it, especially after seeing my cracking core support, but one thing at a time.

and the main earthquake on Sunday was quite noticeable standing on the 3rd floor of my apartment in SD... I felt the little aftershock around 4am this morning too. hope there will not be any more big ones!

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yeah it was nice meeting you guys. let me know if your planning a trip anytime soon.

Those are some sweet pics mike. We had a camera on us but Im not sure if we even took any pics with it.

I'm pretty sure I was mobbing on poleline rd over some whoops when the quake hit cause I never felt a thing and got a bunch of texts as I was leaving. what quake? ha

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shook pretty good here, almost spilled my beer:D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looked fast on the back of the flat bed on the way to Temecula:D

He will just have to drive his work truck until he gets his other 3rd set up.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts