TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did this a few weeks ago

Put in a spare 3rd and immediately noticed some wicked vibrations that I have never experienced before. Replaced the U joint and it helped some but I still have the vibration. I took the drive shaft out and ran down the road w/ no vibration. So I am almost positive it’s the drive shaft.

I have never had a drive shaft balanced before. Anybody know how much this may cost and is it usually a fast process?? Is there any thing to watch out for? The closest place I know of to do this work is almost an hour away from where I live.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for the website goat. I learned that there is no phasing on a drive shaft with a double cardan type joint. So I guess that is not the problem. I took the driveshaft apart and it looks like the splined part is bent. I talked with a guy today at a driveline shop and he said if it was bent it will cost about the same amount to just get a new one.????

How long till the pinion seal starts to leak or transfer case problems?? should I park it or can I drive it for one more week???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts