TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
We used to recommend Arizona Drivelines, but I believe Steve isn't there anymore and you want to avoid Oscar like the plague. I've heard good things about Dicks work, but I've also heard his name suits him. Dicks is also supposed to be a good place to get spare 44 shafts at a decent price.

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
anyone know where Steve went?
:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

A couple people have recently said he wasn't there. I guess if someone really wanted to find out, they could call over there and ask for him. If they're told he's gone then they should ask where he went because they won't do business with Oscar. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
I recommend only going to Phoenix Rack & Axle. Bernie Thompson (who used to work @ Dicks Driveshaft) works here now. They do a HIGH QUALITY job! Here is the front DS I had them make. It was done the day I dropped it off!! It cost me $300. It was $150 for the Slip Yoke and $160 in labor. Not bad IMHO for the quaility of work put into it! The DS has a 12" slip yoke and the CV was ground out for high angle clearance. High Angle U-Joints and everyone of them has a grease fitting. I wouldn't go anywhere else!

Their contact info:

Phoenix Rack & Axle
1745 E. Van Buren
Phoenix, AZ 85006

602-252-8255

Ask to speak to Bernie - Tell him Joh with the 85 Runner w/ 5" lift sent ya!

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
well it's good to see we have another alternative.........I had bad luck with Dick's DS and have been sending all my business to Jess at High Angle.

·
Registered
128 Posts
well it's good to see we have another alternative.........I had bad luck with Dick's DS and have been sending all my business to Jess at High Angle.
If you have been going to Dicks for several years, you may have known of Bernie. I know Dicks DS sucks and I know Bernie wasn't the reason they sucked. So, I followed him and actually Desert Rat in N. Phx sends all their work to Phoenix Rack & Axle. He is a stocky guy with a beard and moustache. Real nice and knows his shit!

I have never dealt with Jess @ HA Driveline personally.

John

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
If you have been going to Dicks for several years, you may have known of Bernie. I know Dicks DS sucks and I know Bernie wasn't the reason they sucked. So, I followed him and actually Desert Rat in N. Phx sends all their work to Phoenix Rack & Axle. He is a stocky guy with a beard and moustache. Real nice and knows his shit!

I have never dealt with Jess @ HA Driveline personally.

John
I don't remember who I dealt with, but I wasn't real impressed with there work considering I had to have the shaft they did completely redone by Jess.........ironicly, it cost me less and it was done quicker than Dick's did it origonally. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
I originally had both of my driveshafts made by Steve and they ahve worked well. I have beat them on the rocks numerous times and they are still straight as an arrow. Not sure however that I will go back and deal with Oscar though. I have to have both of mine redone when the crawler goes in next month.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I originally had both of my driveshafts made by Steve and they ahve worked well. I have beat them on the rocks numerous times and they are still straight as an arrow. Not sure however that I will go back and deal with Oscar though. I have to have both of mine redone when the crawler goes in next month.
Nate, does this Steve have a sweet mullet by chance?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Although I dont know how you are running your setup... I would not think you would need to have the CV groud down at all. Mine does not even come close to ever binding up. Plus... any grinding to the CV is only going to weaken it. None of the poeple I know running front CV's have ground theirs down. But, Im not sure what everybody is doing.

Just my .02

Yogi

I recommend only going to Phoenix Rack & Axle. Bernie Thompson (who used to work @ Dicks Driveshaft) works here now. They do a HIGH QUALITY job! Here is the front DS I had them make. It was done the day I dropped it off!! It cost me $300. It was $150 for the Slip Yoke and $160 in labor. Not bad IMHO for the quaility of work put into it! The DS has a 12" slip yoke and the CV was ground out for high angle clearance. High Angle U-Joints and everyone of them has a grease fitting. I wouldn't go anywhere else!Their contact info:

Phoenix Rack & Axle
1745 E. Van Buren
Phoenix, AZ 85006

602-252-8255

Ask to speak to Bernie - Tell him Joh with the 85 Runner w/ 5" lift sent ya!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts