TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my Drivers side door is rattling like a snake, is this common with 01-04s? If so what’s the fix?
 

·
Going John Galt
Joined
·
31,843 Posts
Lucky13TRD said:
Hey guys my Drivers side door is rattling like a snake, is this common with 01-04s? If so what’s the fix?
I would think not. Is anything else rattling or just the door?
If you are still under warranty take it in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Mine also rattles and i have a 98...its bugs the hell out of me but since i dont have warrenty anymore i just crank the music up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
is it when the window is down because i let my little bro borrow my truck and when he returned it (Muddy as heck) the window now rattles in the door when rolled down. I haven't had time to see if it is off track or whatever.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,347 Posts
flatlandtacoma said:
Make sure this bolt is tight. It holds the window track in place. If it is loose or missing the window track will rattle like crazy.
good call, that is my bet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,001 Posts
Theres a bolt on the door jam that comes loose and causes the doors to rattle.
If you open the door you'll see a bolt head below the lock mechanism (I think it holds the power window motor). I loosened them up, put a couple drops of Lock-Tight on, and retourqued them. Have'nt had rattling in a year now.
Tim
 

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
Joined
·
208 Posts
Yep, took my '02 to the dealer for just that rattle. Didn't know about the easy fix. Eah, it was under warranty and free...

Jody.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
Weeman said:
Mine also rattles and i have a 98...its bugs the hell out of me but since i dont have warrenty anymore i just crank the music up.
Same here, always the cheapest fix. However now I'm getting a ''clunk'' as the window approaches the top of the seal. I've watched and it lines up fine, the noise seems to be inside the door. tried the track bolt already, any thoughts?

Honest patriotic american not trying to hijack luckytrd's thread, but it would have had the same title anyhow. :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
tbplus10 said:
Theres a bolt on the door jam that comes loose and causes the doors to rattle.
If you open the door you'll see a bolt head below the lock mechanism (I think it holds the power window motor). I loosened them up, put a couple drops of Lock-Tight on, and retourqued them. Have'nt had rattling in a year now.
Tim
Is Lock-tite permanent?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
NisAznMonk said:
Is Lock-tite permanent?

Not permanent just damn close.... :)

Blue is medium/heavy duty and will hold for a long time but does not require heating to remove.
Green is about the same strength as blue but has the ability to penetrate the threads after assembly and may require heating to release.
RED is the grand mama of hold, definately heavy duty and in most cases it will hold extremely well and in some instances will require heating to release.

These are the general purposes of loctite, there are other variants but these are the most common....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
68 Posts
I am having this same problem (rattling) on the passenger side. I checked the bolt and it is tight.
It also makes a few noises as the window is going up or down, it is more pronounced down about half way; almost like it is catching on something.

I don't want to take it in, any ideas what else it could be?
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top