TTORA Forum banner

Driver's door window rattle!!

14K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  simonsoj90 
#1 ·
'02 Taco, driver's door window rattles horribly when wheelin' or shutting door. However, it happens only when the window is down, which tells me it's probably the track or something coming loose inside the door, on the side nearest to the door jamb.

Any ideas?

I guess I'm looking for a more accurate diagnosis before I tear off the panel.

#9 ·
Go out to your truck and see if the bolt is loose. If it is, tighten it and see if the rattle goes away, if it does, then this is your fix, if it doesn't, then something else is wrong.

yes, it really is that easy.

#15 ·
Part number?

I know this is an old thread but I just noticed the rattle and found this bolt missing on my '01 Tacoma SR. Does anyone know the OEM part number for it or have the measurements for it so I can match at an auto parts/hardware store? I'm cautious about taking the other bolt out to measure unless it'll go back in super easy

#16 ·
Part number?

I know this is an old thread but I just noticed the rattle and found this bolt missing on my '01 Tacoma SR. Does anyone know the OEM part number for it or have the measurements for it so I can match at an auto parts/hardware store? I'm cautious about taking the other bolt out to measure unless it'll go back in super easy

#17 ·
Part number?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.