TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 ex cab w/o a grab handle on the A-pillar like my 95 had. Can't remember if I heard right that all '01's didn't have them but they put em back in '02 - :confused: Anyway, does anyone know if the bolt holes are there, any part #'s for the handle and appropriate pillar trim? Gray interior - don't know the official, creative color name.

Thanks, Mark

·
Registered
469 Posts
Do a search. Not too long ago someone posted exactly what you are asking for.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think of that :rolleyes: - No really I scanned through every message in Tech>I/E/E before I posted and didn't see anything related. Did search of all catagories w/o any luck, maybe I'm not thinking of the right search word or maybe that was on the old board, will go look there if nothing turns up here.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ha, I can't find it either. I know I just read a thread about exactly the same thing. I know I read it since the board switched, but maybe I saw it on customtacos.com (I have been wrong before though).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Man I swear I just saw this thread the other day (within the last week or so). The guy even listed the part numbers for the little plastic covers that go over the mounting screws (I remember that there were different numbers for the front vs. back or something).

I hate when I can't find something I know is there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
marcat75 said:
I have a 2001 ex cab w/o a grab handle on the A-pillar like my 95 had. Can't remember if I heard right that all '01's didn't have them but they put em back in '02 - :confused: Anyway, does anyone know if the bolt holes are there, any part #'s for the handle and appropriate pillar trim? Gray interior - don't know the official, creative color name.

Thanks, Mark
Goto to: http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=157&c=2

View the PDF file. On Page 1439 is a parts list for it.

Hope this helps ya!

Harley

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, it will be nice to have the parts sheets and since there's not a left side part# listed that answers my question as to whether any 01's had them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
marcat75 said:
Thanks, it will be nice to have the parts sheets and since there's not a left side part# listed that answers my question as to whether any 01's had them.
they stopped them for the drivers side on 01's and started again in o2, I have an o2 handle and pillar trim and it bolted right up perfect, the threads are already there, took about 3 minutes total. Mines the tan color and it's a little off in color but I've never noticed again after the day I put it in. But I have used the handle everytime I get in!

·
Registered
114 Posts
JUNK YARD!

I would just go to the junk yard and try to find on 02' - 04' and just install it in your truck. Probably cheaper then ordering the parts from Toyota. I have an 01' and have thought about doing it a time or two... Good to know the holes are already there and getting the parts is the only "hard" part. Good luck!

J

·
Registered
257 Posts
Can you put a Handle in the driver-side roof spot on a 98? are the holes back there?

·
Registered
58 Posts
check the NE web site. My 2001 didn't have the grab handle either. I got the part numbers off the site and ordered the parts from partznet. It's a very simple install, maybe 10 minutes tops.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sgt_Matt said:
check the NE web site. My 2001 didn't have the grab handle either. I got the part numbers off the site and ordered the parts from partznet. It's a very simple install, maybe 10 minutes tops.

By chance do you have the aprox. cost of the new parts?

If their not too expensive that would be hell of alot easier than the JY.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
58 Posts
If my memory serves me correctly the parts were about $35-$40 bucks.

Here are the part numbers for whoever is interested:

1) grip assy, assist- part # 74610-04040-B0

2)truck front garnish pillar - part # 62212-04080-B0

3)plug assist grip- part # 74617-04030-B0

4) plug assist grip - Part # 74617-04020-B0.

Good luck !!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sgt_Matt said:

Good luck !!
Cool! Thanks alot! I went ahead and e-mail TRD parts 4 me and gonna see what the cst is from them. If it's only $35-$40 I'm gonna go ahead and get it. That away I can stop grabbing the stering wheel or door to get my phatt ass up in my truck!

Thanks again,

Jason

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sgt_Matt said:

Good luck !!
Part #'s worked out fine, also FYI for anyone in the future the bolts are part #90159-60598 and already have some type of thread lock on them. Spent just under $60 for the above parts and these bolts.

·
Registered
178 Posts
marcat75 said:
Part #'s worked out fine, also FYI for anyone in the future the bolts are part #90159-60598 and already have some type of thread lock on them. Spent just under $60 for the above parts and these bolts.
thanks for the update ... i just bought an 01 a few months ago and have wanted a handle on the a-pillar since the day i got it ... i'll definitely have to do this. :welder:

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
208 Posts
Is the "-BO" the color??? What are the color option codes?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts