TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know what you use to grease your driveshaft. I know that 2 types of grease are recomended but I wanted to know if Mobile 1 synthetic grease would cover all the bases.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
GreenTaco said:
I want to know what you use to grease your driveshaft. I know that 2 types of grease are recomended but I wanted to know if Mobile 1 synthetic grease would cover all the bases.
any old high temp grease will work fine. Hell i havent lubed mine in a very long time (broken off zerks) and its been fine

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
I just use the cheapest grease I can find that'll fit in my grease gun.

·
Premium Member
8,407 Posts
GreenTaco said:
I use Mobile 1 or Valvoline. Best I can recall there somewhere b/t 9-12 zerks.
Also In my case and Im assuming yours, you cant reach all of them unless you have a flexible hose for your gun. So i hit all i can reach then have to roll the truck a few inches and rotate the d-shaft (rear) so i can reach the ones that were on the other side. However I know with my manual tranny and xfer case and manual hubs i can rotate the front d-shaft by hand, im not sure bout auto 4x's but of course im posting in PreRunner Tech but still thought id toss in the xtra info.

EDIT: you may have fewer zerks, i was including the front dshaft not considering the folder i was postin in sorry.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I use heavy duty grease from Cheveron works really well.

·
Registered
257 Posts
uh almost any regualr grease will be as good as any other, maybe you could use boat/marine grease to be all badass and really waterproof but no point in putting too much into your driveline lol you guys care a little too much sometimes :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts