TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Taco's front drive shaft spines when in 2wd. After wheeling, put in 2wd drive, fine, get on the road, and its in 4wd again. Anyone else ever have this issue?I have twin stick + Cralwer.

Also very hard to put twin stick in 4wd at start of trail.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Sounds like maybe something did go so well with the twin stick mod.
First of all you need to determine what is spinning the drive shaft, the T case or the front wheels. Jack up the front end and find out.
If you have ADD and an autolocker and no manual hubs, you need not look any further.

·
Premium Member
5,088 Posts
Maybe you have a hub that is turning itself and locking on you at speeds. That is the only thing I can think of, or Tcase, but hubs are easier to fix and I would start there.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
My hubs stick a little sometimes, I run it back and forth once or twice for a few feet usually and have no problems.
Or what Dick said about the twins- I've never messed with that.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Those 35 spline hubs on your 60 have a tendency to do that............I have read alot of post's on pirate about that happening with those hubs........best you could do I would think would be to figure out a way to make some sort of slug for the end of the hub to put on when you pull the flanges after a trail ride.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Nope, Not the hubs nor the Lockrite. I have taking the driveshaft off and tried to spin the flange on the t-case, and it wont move with ease. But if I pound one of the studs, and frees up. Well, it did once, have not tried it again. I aslo know sometimes when I put in park reverse and drive it sometimes free's up, but noticed when acclerating, with locks up. Here is another wierd thing, if the driveshaft spins, and i put my truck on a rock, push the gas, it not fully in 4wd. So it moves is spinning the shaft, but not with lots of force. As if there is some way the t-case is spinning it, but not with lots of force.

Also have taking off the twin stick and remounted, and have tried both Marlin and Front range sticks. The weird thing is, I believe when the driveshaft is spinning, and I pull up to a trail, its very hard to put into 4wd. But once its in, all the compents work fine. Hi/Lo, but once off the trail, unlock hubs, take it out of 4dw, no problem, t-case is free up front. Once I get down the road or stop, put in park and back to drive its locked up again.

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
wow...........you have problems! :D

.........sounds like somethings screwy in the t-case.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
been like that everysince i got the swap done. I have my original T-case, which deep down makes me want to put it back on. Its got some rust, and not sure if it will be bad, but its worth a shot, but i beleive my crossmember is welded in, so I dont have the tools to do that. But Maybe its at the top shifttin area or twinsticks. Who knows.

·
Registered
739 Posts
sounds like you need to talk to marlin, or inch worm, i've had a thought about this lately, i havent checked, but i think i can feel the front end turning while in 2wd , i'll have to give it a good look this week and see if thats the fact, good luck

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea, I have not got around to calling Marlin to pick his brain. Thought I would post to see if any one else had the same issue and how they resovled it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts