TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I did a little wheelin' last weekend in my mostly-stock '03 taco (ARB front bumper). Got to some reasonably deep water (near the top of the front bumper, roughly), had it in first gear, and just chugged right on through. The fellow riding along with me kept telling me to give it more gas and go faster. Is he crazy? I would think carrying excess speed into water is just begging to put a wave over my hood and increase the likelihood that I get water in the air intake.

How do you guys usually figure out the right speed for some deepish water?

Thanks!
-Jon

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sometimes faster will keep the water from getting into the intake, less time for it to get in the wrong spot. It can also force it into the wrong place quicker depending on how the intake is set up. Generally you want to keep a steady slow pace, just enough to make a small wake. Snorkel and don't worry about it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
What he said. If your truck isnt broke then you did fine. Let the passenger swim next time.
AGREED^^^^^ always keep a slow steady speed when aproaching and going through and water less chance of bad things happening lol

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
always let someone else go first...
so's you can be assured :D

seriously tho'...
be sure of the depth yer fording...
...before you get in too deep or the bottom drops out :eek:

snorkle that junk... if yer gonna push yer luck. :2cents:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts