TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
96 taco v-6 ext cab auto tranny manuel hubs. going to order toy tec 3 in spacer and 2.5 aal monday. do i need the diff drop kit ? i thought i read in another post that i didnt need it if i had manuel hubs. want to do it right the first time and get every thing i need in one order. thanks for all help. this site rules. it rules, he he he. :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did did a 3" spacer on my 2.7 with manual hubs and I haven't seen any problems without the diff drop. Basically, it makes minimal difference and it decreases your ground clearance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
upwithit said:
96 taco v-6 ext cab auto tranny manuel hubs. going to order toy tec 3 in spacer and 2.5 aal monday. do i need the diff drop kit ? i thought i read in another post that i didnt need it if i had manuel hubs. want to do it right the first time and get every thing i need in one order. thanks for all help. this site rules. it rules, he he he. :)
The benefit of the diff drop is minimal on ADD, and near non-existent for your application. Unless you are running in 4wd close to 100% of the time, you shouldn't worry about it.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
upwithit said:
You do not need the diff drop. I believe the key to longer CV life is keeping them dirt free. Do not allow dirt to sit between the fins for very long. I hose mine off after every trail run, and just now am I starting to notice a groove in the inner boot.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have had no issues with my Downey lift and my manual hubs.
All you'll do is loose ground clearance with a diff drop.

·
Registered
662 Posts
upwithit said:
Don't waste your time or money with the diff drop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts