Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got some pics from today, everyone chipped in

and made fun of those gay mud flaps mrgreen.gif

even trent helped.........edit: gotta love the no cash, no problem sign

playtime 321.gif

and some grinding and welding

got a good bit done today, this thing is gonna be sweet.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some more pics

not real sure how this happened anon.gif

Trent should have some finished pics soon.........

·
Registered
764 Posts
that looks real clean

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Bed is painted but the camera batteries are dead. I hope to get the sliders finished and the filler neck buttoned up this weekend. I will try to get some pics in the daylight soon. Thanks again guys for all the help.

-Trent

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Twisty Taco ordered all the steel for it in trade for my old flatbed. I think it is 1/8". It is plenty heavy to make a good strong floor.

-Trent

·
Registered
539 Posts
Looks pretty awesome. Did you box the frame while you had it all apart. Would have been a good idea if not. Keep posting those pics.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
No we were on a time crunch as it was. I guess it would of been a good idea but the flatbeds do add a lot to the frame as far as making it more rigid. My last flatbed was setup really close to the ventshield on my back window yet never touched during flex. There is now a bit more room in the frame with another crossmember being cut out. It wouldn't be to bad to do at a later date if necessary. Who knows I may just eventually link the rear and chop the frame off all together. Isn't fabrication fun?

-TRent

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
dstrbdone said:
No we were on a time crunch as it was. I guess it would of been a good idea but the flatbeds do add a lot to the frame as far as making it more rigid. My last flatbed was setup really close to the ventshield on my back window yet never touched during flex. There is now a bit more room in the frame with another crossmember being cut out. It wouldn't be to bad to do at a later date if necessary. Who knows I may just eventually link the rear and chop the frame off all together. Isn't fabrication fun?

-TRent
No center supports? I can't tell for sure but that would be one hell of a span for the sheet metal.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its really not that bad. Its not like it will be years before he welds in the xmember.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Mossyrocks said:
its really not that bad. Its not like it will be years before he welds in the xmember.
???? I'm talking about the area underneath the diamond plate.... in the flatbed. I didn't realize that he had mentioned any future plans for this....

Later
Joel

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
About this Discussion
58 Replies
22 Participants
dstrbdone
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing