TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ham operators out there with a dual band antenna mounted to your Taco?

I am trying to find an antenna and a mounting bracket for my 2m/70cm.
I'm curious to know what you have on your truck.

I currently use a mag mount antenna on top of the cab. I have to lay it over to get into the garage and then it gets knocked over on the trails (trees you know). I want to mount an antenna to the bed of my truck about where the rear wheel well is.

Hit me with some info please.

·
Registered
285 Posts
DriftinCO said:
Any ham operators out there with a dual band antenna mounted to your Taco?
Yes.

I have the Larsen, BUT it attached to my roof rack on my shell. I have to remove (un-screw) my antenna to fit in the garage.

I bet this info did not help at all. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
DriftinCO,
I have my dual bander mounted just behind the driver on the front corner of my bed. I used a piece of SS angle ( 1.5" ) I had. It is a little thinner than 1/8" and plenty strong. I had to drill 2 holes in front of bed between the cab and bed side. I extended the angle outward of the bed about 2" and cut the bottom side backwards at about a 45 degree angle. The antenna runs right up the corner of my cab about 6" away. With my truck being Black and chrome, the SS mount looks as if it was made for the truck. I can send you a couple of pics. if you want me too. I know my explaination is hard to understand.
I do notice a little less coverage towards the front direction than off the back way. But plenty of repeaters around so no issue.
Let me know!!
Doc

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Doc, a pic would be great! driftwood_62 (at) yahoo.com

1 - 4 of 4 Posts