TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of runnning a new custom exhaust setup for my 2002 3.4L tacoma. I would like to use a flowmaster 40 muffler. Does anyone have any pics for what theres looks like? Also where would be the best placement for the pipes? out the side or straight out the back? i dont have any lift on my truck at the moment..

thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Mine dump out the corners on a diagonal but I had to center the spare tire to make room on the driver side for the pipe(stock it's off center to the left - pipe on the right). You need to know what you are doing regarding lift cause routing of the pipes could interfere with future lift plans. If you can, go over the leaves as close to the frame as possible if going out the sides. If going out the rear you'll have an easier time with lift in the future since it will not cross the springs. Sorry, no pics at the moment.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I think a lot of people on the board will suggest that you go with a single 2.5" exhaust to maintain your low end torque. If you do any off roading with your truck, the low end torque is what you want to keep. If you are mainly out on the highway above 3000RPM, dual exhaust may offer a little performance gain and better gas milage.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The Toyota engines like to have some backpressure. When you take away that back pressure by using piping with too large of a diameter or dual exhaust, you lose torque.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts