TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at getting the gibson shorty headers for my T100. Anyone else ever put these on ? worth it? And also where the Y pipe is ......maybe going straight out the back with both . no Y pipe. Looks like it may be easier to use the x over pipe than trying to go straight out the back fom both sides. the driver side has the gas tank in the way and i can't see any safe way to route it without the possibility of it getting crushed. could probably fit both cats side by side . Bed needs some body work so while i m at it I might cut out the "bulkhead" n double stack it on the passanger side short of the roof........ keep it out of the way n the mud.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I was looking at getting the gibson shorty headers for my T100. Anyone else ever put these on ? worth it?
No.

maybe going straight out the back with both . no Y pipe.
Don't be a fag.

both cats side by side
Why even run one?

I might cut out the "bulkhead" n double stack it on the passanger side short of the roof........ keep it out of the way n the mud.
That's gayer than ten motherfuckers sittin' in a hot tub tuggin' on each others cocks.

I think www.customtacos.com might be more YOUR "style" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
337 Posts
THREAD CLOSED AM I RIGHT?! :lmao:

·
Registered
851 Posts
So much aggression. Someone needs to smoke a fatty. No man, don't put duals. These little motors actually need a bit of backpressure or you lose torque. A lot of torque! You are gonna double the cost with two cats and it might screw with the computer as you only have the one pre-cat 02 sensor. If you are not supercharged it really won't feel much different and may actually go slower and lose MPG's. On top of that the bastards leak, I have to replace my head to header gaskets at least every two years and it's a major PITA.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
My exhaust modifications consist of a 2002 Camry 4 cylinder center pipe with the resonator.

It bolts up to the stock Cat flange and I cut the other end where it dumps past the cab in front of the rear axle..

Cheap, works great, and sounds fine. it has a good tone without having a ricer drone.

I'm not sure how well You can see in this picture..

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanx. No reason to waste the time n $ on it then if its not gonna gain any power.
Don't get me wrong, just swap the stock pipes for 2.25" and get a turbo style (if you like not having a headache on the trail) or a S-Type racing muffler (if you like driving like a high school kid... I DO!!!) ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Custom fabbed cat-back dual exhaust: 2.25 piping comming out of a 1-in-2-out magnaflow mufler to 3'' tips. Like they say, not much for power gain, but I was mostly after the improved exhaust note. I'm going to to go S/C eventually, so i guess the extra flow will benefit me in the long run

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Custom fabbed cat-back dual exhaust: 2.25 piping comming out of a 1-in-2-out magnaflow mufler to 3'' tips. Like they say, not much for power gain, but I was mostly after the improved exhaust note. I'm going to to go S/C eventually, so i guess the extra flow will benefit me in the long run
Until you wheel it for the first time and those tips decide to removed themselves via rock ledge. :lmao:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanx. No reason to waste the time n $ on it then if its not gonna gain any power.
Just pick the muffler that makes the sound you like. Stock 2 3/8 is large enough, 2.25" is considered "the best" for small displacement engines (22R, 3VZ, 5VZ, etc..) due to the torque/horsepower gains in the 2-4k rpm range. It's not gonna make it faster, and if you wanna go fast then you better have deep pockets. :2cents:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Until you wheel it for the first time and those tips decide to removed themselves via rock ledge. :lmao:
Been out plenty of times with no issues. The trick is to keep you head out of your ass, wheel smart and stay on TOP of the big stuff. Besides, they sound great and look great so it's worth the risk of damage IMO. That and the exhaust shop that did it for me always takes care of my junk for a good price.

·
Registered
337 Posts
The exhaust shop that did it for me always takes care of my junk for a good price.
Nothing better than a family owned fabrication business. You must wheel like a woman though, I've got a trail gear rear bumper and it's ALL fucked up... Dumped exhaust is for the real wheelers.. ;)

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
dual exhaust ain't fer shit...
unless yer running dual smoke stacks :p

everyone knows... that all exhaust tips should exit
directly under the bumper or frame rail :rolleyes:

^ that way... when they're smashed flat...
you won't have any exhaust fumes reaching the cab ;)

No wait... anyone wanting dual exhaust on a tacoma
has already breathed in too much carbon monoxide
and needs fresh oxygen before proceeding.

I have never been more serious in muh life :D

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
dual exhaust is gayyyyyyy and soooooooooo lame in all ways. power loss, clearance loss, money loss and Noise loss, dump it out of a good size pipe, that or dump something into a pipe , or maybe you already did, Crack maybe?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Damn!! No love for the dual exhaust!! I completely agree that there is no power gain but the sound you get is fantastic I don't care who you are. It's okay, you all don't have to say it out loud. Dual exhaust is everyone's guilty secret; they know they like it, they just don't like to admit it. lol. It's like seeing an old man with a hot trophy wife. People say bunch of smack talk although secretly they wish they could be in those tatas. lol. And Dell, yer just jealous that yer not gettin high on fumes too.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
And Dell, yer just jealous that yer not gettin high on fumes too.
I'll only be jealous if you've already SC'd yer junk ;)

otherwise yer just blowin' mo' air out yer pipe :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts