TTORA Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now I feel llike a grown up:p

I got mah duals in last night, along with mah twinsticks on the rear case. just took it into the front yard for the dry run (only fWD right now) and she is just a creepin along...i can't stop her with the brakes all the way to the floor:eek:

i cannot wait till the EC4RJ for the shakedown run...I just need to have my DS's resized, and she is good to go

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Careful you don't snap a spring or something using the brakes if you do it on the pavement. It will try to twist the rear leaf springs into an S shape. Now with the radius arms up front, my truck lifts up like a reverse low rider if I apply any brake pedal.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will snap some tonight, I am still working on the cosmetics. The twinstick hole ended up being slightly off, resulting further (hammer) modification. I have a piece of aluminum diamond plate that I am going to fool with tonight to make a bling ring used to secure the twin boots to the floor.

The dual cases were easy, but I accidentally put one of the mounts on backwards, so I have to drop the skidplate and pull a 180.

I have only driven it in the front yard so far, I am taking my shafts to a local guy on tues or wed. to have them adjusted appropriately. Till then, she is just sitting there, lookin purdy.

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Sweet
Yeah need some pics

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ama slacker....I made a bling ring to surround the duual boots yeasterday outta aluminum diamond plate, I will get pics up tomorrow of everything as I have to measure for my new shafts tonight anyway

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I lie not...

here be some pics, fresh from tha camera

twinsticks painted and set in place

rectanaglle cut from some scrap plate I had laying around

after making a million drill holes....this method actually worked better than uusing the cutoff wheel

after smoothing all the edges with a grinding wheel, and using the dremel with a small sotne for the inside edges, the boot fit perfectlyl with no sharp edges

plate in cab with boots...I have not fully mounted it yet, gonna do that today, but I will drill pilot holes and use SS self tapping screws to hold it in

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Maybe I'm paying more attention now that I'm on the verge of putting a crawler in my truck, but the shifters seem awfully far back - thought they came up through the cupholder/front of console?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks good, you should make another diamond plate for the transmission too.
the carpet covers all that stuff up, it is not all back together yet, I still have to drop the skidplate and turn the front xfer case mount around so it'lll line up with the bolt holes

Maybe I'm paying more attention now that I'm on the verge of putting a crawler in my truck, but the shifters seem awfully far back - thought they came up through the cupholder/front of console?
weeeellll....I thought so too, but mine came with a bench set, then I stuck in buckets...the center of the hole is 10" back from the 4x4 shift lever's stock position..I also have a forward shhift case as mah range box, so that may have something to do with it as well:cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts