TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any troubles getting their Revos balanced properly?\Well, I guessing it's a balance problem.
I purchased them thru Sears (I know, I know, but I had a gift card!)
I was getting some vibration around 55ish plus, had them rebalanced.
The problem still exists, but to a lesser exent.

The truck was aligned by my regular mechanic too.
Should I just bypass Sears again and pay more and get them rebalanced elsewhere?

Thanx,
Wally

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I got mine through Costco, and haven't had any balancing problems. I still need to get them aligned, as they pull a little to the left. But besides that, i haven't heard of anyone else having a specific revo balancing problem.

·
I LIVE FOR THIS
1,700 Posts
Walldog said:
Anyone have any troubles getting their Revos balanced properly?\Well, I guessing it's a balance problem.

Should I just bypass Sears again and pay more and get them rebalanced elsewhere?

Thanx,
Wally
I got mine through wheel works and they use a chit load of those crappy sticky wheel weights and they were still off by .75. So i went with the traditional weights and now they dont vibrate but the drawback is i have wheelers alloy wheels that are powdercoated black so when i have them balanced i have to touch up my wheels with black paint but overall they ride awesome.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
Walldog said:

Thanx,
Wally
Have them rebalanced somewhere else using this:

http://209.176.154.132/pub/search/findgsp9700.cfm

But read this first:

http://www.gadgetonline.com/vibration.htm

·
Registered
878 Posts
Walldog said:

Thanx,
Wally
Do you have Stock wheels?
it could simply be that the wheel weights used are not seating up to the Alloys properly...I have seen several cases of this where a simple trip to dealer or shop that have the proper wheel weights for the rim fixed it...seeing as it is a specific MPH/RPM and not all the time...you may also consider a high speed balance...I have never had good results from a low RPM balance machine with big tires...they balance at lower speeds then calculate the right weight for speed up to 65MPH and tend not to be accurate on large side wall tires....I have also found that lug centric and hub centric mounting adapters while balancing make little difference on the low speed balancers...a higher speed balancing machine will do better...and if you want to spend the money have them high speed balanced up to the speed rating on the tire and do precision weighted front and back down to the gram!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yes, I do have stock wheels and am running stock tire size at 265/70/16's and they are steel, not the alloys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts