TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some opinions on the Dunlop Mud Rovers. I'm considering getting these or a set of used BFG AT. What are they like on wet pavement and in the snow?

·
Registered
185 Posts
nees1212 said:
What are some opinions on the Dunlop Mud Rovers. I'm considering getting these or a set of used BFG AT. What are they like on wet pavement and in the snow?
Depends on what you need them for. They are a decent cheap mud tire, don't last too long, fairly noisy on the street. A friend of mine recently sold off his mud rovers and bought a set of bfg a/t's and couldn't be happier with the swap. But his rig never sees dirt.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
dunlop mudrovers the same tires i'm considering getting...i've read very good reviews on them..and for it's price 100 bucks each for 33x12.5x15....i would get them...
now you can get about 50k miles off of them if you have the right air pressure and balance them....

IMHO...for 100 bucks each...i would go for it......i'll personally get them as soon as i get the money and the 15" wheels i decide to get...that actually fits..hah

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have em and no complaints from me. I have about 15k on them and will easily get another 15k but after that its anyones game. They are a very cheap tire and thats why i got them. If you actually offroad i would get them. I drive about 50-60miles a day on them and they are doing good for me with alot of it being highway. They are not too loud either. If you really look at it say on www.tirerack.com where people can comment on them, the ones having bad milelage out of them are driving full size trucks. I say go for it. I also dont baby them either. I cant comment on rain too muich as the tires i had on it when i got it were bald but i have no problems from them and i dont live anywhere near snow. It did get icy here for a couple of days and they did fine. My main decidnig factor was the $130 tire installed price.

Look at this.
http://www.tirerack.com/survey/Surv...op&tireModel=Radial+Mud+Rover&commentStatus=P

·
Registered
951 Posts
I have 8k miles on my 35x12.5x15 mud rovers. My only complaint is that one is slightly out of round. otherwise they wear fine if you keeo your tire pressure under control and rotate every 3k miles. No cupping or uneven wear for me. For the money, they can't be beat

Boheefus

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a hard time believing/trusting the tirerack reviews. There are too many far fetched ones on there. Plus like one of you said, the tires act different on different rides. Therefore, I figured I'd get opinions from those that have them on our trucks.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
go look at other sites with reveiws...i remember comparing the dunlop and the goodyear MT/R and they both got 3.9 (5 being the best)....and you know that the goodyear is way more than the dunlop...

so you really have to just try them out urself....
you do get what you pay for...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts