TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
i looked into them, and from what i heard they were pretty decent...and they're cheap which is nice. i ended up going with BFG mud terrains though

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah..i saw some good reviews online...i think they look nice....and they are only 100 for mud terrians...which is really cheap... all the negative feedbacks were on trucks that were like f-250s...because they are so heavy and all....i think i'll get these and leave feed backs here...

·
Registered
951 Posts
04RedLobster said:
I'm just wondering if anyone here ran these tires...
Tread life...off-road, road noise, wet, etc.

Thanks
I have a set of 35"'s. 7600 miles on them so far with no complaints. I have rotated them twice and had them balanced on a Hunter machine and my wear pattern is pretty close to perfectly even. I run between 25-27psi and check for uneven treadwear once every coupla weeks. They are also pretty grippy. Compared to BFG MT's it is downright sticky! I run curves at speed and never fell slip. Pretty good in rain too. The only real downsides are these:
1) Only a 2 ply sidewall. I have heard of guys slicing these open on ricks at +/- 8PSI.
2) Only expect to get around 45-50K out of them. The soft tread compound will wear quickly if you do not maintain them.

For the money, they are excellent, if you are a hardcore rockpark crawler, get some BFG's.

Boheefus

·
Registered
307 Posts
Go to Tirerack.com, they have reviews from hundreds of people on just about all major brands of tires, go to brands, then select the tire type, just go to the review link on the site!

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
04RedLobster said:
yeah i saw them on tirerack.com
the only negative feedbacks was from owners of like F-250s....
Yeah you are going to always find some mixed reviews on all tires, in the end you have to go with what you will feel is best. A lot of people have been saying the Trxus M/T tread life is short, they are impossible to balance, and tread seperation is common. None of which has happened, nor do I believe are going to happen to my set (currently approaching 10,000 miles).

I found those running the trxus on full size rigs were the one's complaining the most about the trxus as well. Generally they are using these tires on tow rigs and high speed highway driving, and that's not what M/Ts are made for. I guess it's all in how you use the tire, too.

I was looking at buying a set of these as well, and would have, hadn't I got a good deal on the Trxus at a jamboree. I would say go for it. The price is great, the reviews are overall pretty good, seems like a good tire.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Andrew123654 said:
Nice taco Boheefus, Iv got the same set-up but with 285-75-16's. Iv got alot of space between the tires and fender so Im going to try and step up to some 35's next time around. Got any more pics?
yup, I will update my site inna day or 2

Boheefus

·
Registered
479 Posts
Toyo4x4 said:
A lot of people have been saying the Trxus M/T tread life is short, they are impossible to balance, and tread seperation is common. None of which has happened, nor do I believe are going to happen to my set (currently approaching 10,000 miles).

My TrXus tread didn't seperate until around 11-12,000 miles. I would hope that you don't have that problem, but I feel you will eventually. And yes, they will become impossible to balace correctly after a while...mark my words.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
mudrovers

04RedLobster said:
I'm just wondering if anyone here ran these tires...
Tread life...off-road, road noise, wet, etc.

Thanks
had a buddy w/ em' on his Z71, they weren't bad as far as road noise, but they are a mud tire, keep that in mind. Wet, hmmm, not so bad. However, don't let em' get cupped, they'll ride like shit!

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
03trdblack said:
My TrXus tread didn't seperate until around 11-12,000 miles. I would hope that you don't have that problem, but I feel you will eventually. And yes, they will become impossible to balace correctly after a while...mark my words.
I guess we will see, but they've been unstoppable so far. Outperforms my friends BFG in the snow. How often did you rotate?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had 265/75-16 on my 03 taco with NO problems. The stock Dunlops needed
4wd just to move in the snow but with the mud rovers two wheel drive was
ok for most snow in Northern Virginia. And they were the same if not quiter then the same size BFG muds on my bubbies 1990 Toyota pick-up.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My buddy had a set of 32's on his TJ... the only thing he ever compalinedd about was road noise. Another buddy of mine had the same tires on his 97 Taco and they were a little quieter, more than likely do to the additional floor insulation in the truck. I hope this helps

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have a set on my 01 Taco. I have had really no complaints with them. Really Cheap too. I have the 265/75/16's on mine. They are really closer to a 31 than the 32 they are supposed to be. They seem to run a little small. I will probably get them again if i keep my 16 in rims because tires are so expensive compared to a 15 in rim. Yeah if you can get them at Sams. I seen 32's there for 95 and 35s for 117. I have no real complaints. Nothing i wouldnt get from any other Mud terrain. Mine have about 10,000 miles on them and have alittle tread gone. But if i can get 30000 out of them ill be happy. I would recomend them if you want a m/t but dont want the price of a m/t.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I was wondering, has anyone had experience siping the Dunlop Muds? If so, like or dislike? Inner lugs only? etc. Anything.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Anybody? Anybody at all? siping of the dunlop muds?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts