TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a set of 31/1050's for DD, light offroad, and snow/ski trip driving. I have kind of narrowed it down to the GY Duratracs and the new Toyo AT2's. I've found lots of reading on the Duratracs included the thread that was recently in this section, but not too much on the Toyo AT2 especially in a 31". Most reading I'm finding is on diesel truck forums. Anyone have experience with the AT2's on their 1st gen tacomas? Especially in comparison to the Duratrac's?

thanks for the opinions

·
Registered
330 Posts
I am looking at getting a set of 31/1050's for DD, light offroad, and snow/ski trip driving. I have kind of narrowed it down to the GY Duratracs and the new Toyo AT2's. I've found lots of reading on the Duratracs included the thread that was recently in this section, but not too much on the Toyo AT2 especially in a 31". Most reading I'm finding is on diesel truck forums. Anyone have experience with the AT2's on their 1st gen tacomas? Especially in comparison to the Duratrac's?

thanks for the opinions
The A/T II's are a great tire! I personally ran the Original Toyo AT's on my F-150 for years in rain, snow, sand, mud. Never once got stuck, never once got a flat, and they lasted dam near 70K miles. The A/T II is an improved version on something that was great to begin with. They come with a 60K mile warranty, a more aggressive look and sidewall to them now. The pricing on them is very good as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
GY Duratracs!

Love them so far! Nothing against Toyo just no experience with them! :cool: GY's feel nice on the road and cant wait to really romp a trail with them.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input so far! Seems like either tire will work well. The one negative thing i've read about the duratracs is that they have kind of weak sidewalls. Stevie, what do think about that, having them on your truck? Does it feel like it wanders at all on you?

I do like the more aggressive tread and shoulder of the duratrac but I also like that I've found the Toyo's for about 30 bux less per tire.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the input so far! Seems like either tire will work well. The one negative thing i've read about the duratracs is that they have kind of weak sidewalls. Stevie, what do think about that, having them on your truck? Does it feel like it wanders at all on you?

I do like the more aggressive tread and shoulder of the duratrac but I also like that I've found the Toyo's for about 30 bux less per tire.
Seems to ride real nice no complaints what so ever... Heard the same thing about sidewalls on duratracs... I just decided try it myself.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seems to ride real nice no complaints what so ever... Heard the same thing about sidewalls on duratracs... I just decided try it myself.
Sweet THanks for the info. I feel like I'm leaning towards the GY's right now. Where'd you get yours from? And what'd you end up paying per tire if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sweet THanks for the info. I feel like I'm leaning towards the GY's right now. Where'd you get yours from? And what'd you end up paying per tire if you dont mind me asking?
went to discount tire... with all fees and warranties and what not i was out the door for 880... and the actual tire price was like 166.00

·
Registered
100 Posts
That's pretty good! How'd you get them down to 166?
I may be incorrect by about 10-15$ a tire but price was like 890... so that divided by 4 is 222.50 and then subtract certificates and disposal fees so with tax and what not on each tire its probably closer to about 180 give or take. JTC (just to clarify and not seem retarded.)

·
Registered
100 Posts
1k miles on the Duratracs and I still love them. no funky wear nothing to complain about.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wound up going with the Kelly Safari TSR's to try out something a little different. They're very similar to the GY DT's and are actually made by Goodyear. Have about the same 1K miles on them so far and they are pretty sweet. Ride smooth as butter and have Zero road noise. Took them on a few ski trips, a couple of them in some pretty sic snow and they did awesome! Just got 22.5 MPG with them coming back from Durango this weekend with a 3.4 S/C'd. Super happy about that. Sounds like these and the Duratracs are pretty comparable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've ran duratracs for about 30k miles now. They are holding up good . they have started the wear odd with some cupping but that's due to my alignment. They have also become pretty loud, also I believe that is due to my alignment.

They do great in the rain, snow and mud. Good chance when these wear out that I will replace them with another set

1 - 12 of 12 Posts