TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I take the truck down to the dyno shop to get baseline numbers before I put the blower on. After each pull, the truck would shut off, I could restart it, but it would just spool back down and die. I could keep it running by playing with the thottle and it sounded fine but as soon as I tried to let it idle...it would die. If I unhooked the battery for a couple seconds and tried again...no problem. I've dynoed several different vehicles and never ran into this. No check engine light either. Any ideas????

Oh, and it made a blistering 142Hp and 178Tq. :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that I know of. Truck ran fine before and after the dyno pulls with no issues.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
That is very odd.

I can tell you that the number one cause of stalling in all Toyotas is a dirty throttle body. You may want to check to see of it is dirty or not and clean it if needed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do. Thanks for all the info the other day on the phone. I'm the guy going to Germany that had all the questions about fuel kits. :D

·
Banned
966 Posts
Gadget said:
That is very odd.

I can tell you that the number one cause of stalling in all Toyotas is a dirty throttle body. You may want to check to see of it is dirty or not and clean it if needed.
perhaps, but that would cause a continuous issue, no ?? why just on the dyno?

i'm wondering if the truck would do the same when taking it quickly up to speed on open highway to about redline then letting off???

·
Registered
62 Posts
Did the vehicle that was being tested have electronic traction control? Hmm, traction control shouldn't make the engine shut off though.

Is it an automatic or manual transmission?

Perhaps something was overheating. Full throttle at redline is a huge heat producer, engine, tranny, diffs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts