TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing my cb and need to run the cable out to the bed. Just wondering how difficult it is to remove the interior. Any things I should watch out for.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
kodiak said:
I am going to be installing my cb and need to run the cable out to the bed. Just wondering how difficult it is to remove the interior. Any things I should watch out for.
You don't have to remove much if you don't want.

I ran my antenna cable out from under the dash, so I had to remove the kick panel, and the door sill, both easy as pie. I then fed the cable under the rear carpet and into the cubby hole under the rear "seat", there's a hole going into it at the bottom. I did have to pull the carpet back a bit because the cable wasn't cooperating, just pulled it out about an inch with my fingers, then it pushed right back in. You may not have to do that.

At the back of the cubby there's a rubber grommet that goes to the outside. Best to feed your cable through it before you have the connector attached to the cable as you'll end up with a smaller hole and it'll be easier to feed the cable under the carpet. Then just seal the area around the hole with some silicone. You're done.

Be careful with the little plastic tabs on the bottom of the door sill panel, they're easy to break.

·
Registered
717 Posts
mudferret said:
You don't have to remove much if you don't want.

I ran my antenna cable out from under the dash, so I had to remove the kick panel, and the door sill, both easy as pie. I then fed the cable under the rear carpet and into the cubby hole under the rear "seat", there's a hole going into it at the bottom. I did have to pull the carpet back a bit because the cable wasn't cooperating, just pulled it out about an inch with my fingers, then it pushed right back in. You may not have to do that.

At the back of the cubby there's a rubber grommet that goes to the outside. Best to feed your cable through it before you have the connector attached to the cable as you'll end up with a smaller hole and it'll be easier to feed the cable under the carpet. Then just seal the area around the hole with some silicone. You're done.

Be careful with the little plastic tabs on the bottom of the door sill panel, they're easy to break.

i like the way that you have your cb set up, what kind of cb is it?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
NorCalTRD said:
i like the way that you have your cb set up, what kind of cb is it?
It's a Cobra wx 75 st. They can be had on ebay for a good price, mine was a refurbished unit and I think I paid 70 shipped (?).

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
kodiak said:
You don't have to remove any of the interior, just punch it out through the floor and run it along underneath the truck on top of the frame rail.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts