TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 tacoma and i did the grey wire mod for the rear e-locker. It does not work. I can hear the control box click over but the locker never engages. ABS does go off so im assuming its not the mod or the box thats not good. ANY SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
THANKS

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
First things first.
To your knowledge, has the locker ever worked?
Did it work just prior to you doing the mod?
Have you tried jacking up the driver side rear and spun the wheel by hand to see if it will lock up?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it worked a couple of times and even after i did the grey wire mod it worked but would only work sometimes and then when it did, it would stick on and suddenly disengage.
What should i try to do to repair this first?
Im guessing its the actuator? Is there a simple fix before taking the actuator all apart?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Yes it worked a couple of times and even after i did the grey wire mod it worked but would only work sometimes and then when it did, it would stick on and suddenly disengage.
What should i try to do to repair this first?
Im guessing its the actuator? Is there a simple fix before taking the actuator all apart?
Check the relay first. They go bad from time to time.

·
Registered
111 Posts
double check your connections..especially the ground. have you tried slightly turning while moving forwards or backwards to try to engage it? i find they vary slightly. my original elocker engaged instantly without differentiation, but my regeared one i dropped in now requires a bit more movement..

·
Registered
5,467 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Which pins are you measuring? Do you have the schematic? If not it's in the write up in FAQ/TECH.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts