TTORA Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Yup. I put an inchworm locker cover on my 05 and it's already scraped up pretty good. Cheap insurance IMO.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mojavegold said:
Yup. I put an inchworm locker cover on my 05 and it's already scraped up pretty good. Cheap insurance IMO.

any pix? cab/bed config?

·
Registered
332 Posts
are you talking about the e locker gaurd eating up the gas tank? if so then no. on my all pro there seems to be plenty of clearence, cheep insurance!
later
Zach

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mojavegold said:
wait is the gas tank scraped up pretty good or the locker guard?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
The locker guard. I wasn't aware of any interferance issues with the gas tank.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
10-4 glad to help out.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I found that All Pro Offroad makes one for 05+ Tacomas for $59. Not too bad.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Any elocker guard will work, as they are the same... I think the TG ones are only 25. I like the inchworm the best, but it 75..... I will probally end up with the TG one...

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
'05 e-locker guards do rub....

John:
I stand corrected, originally I did not notice the SKY's Manufacturing E-Locker Guard Rubbing...but I decided to crawl under there while I took a couple of pictures for another thread...sure enough there is some rubbing on the POS plastic thing toyota claims as a skid plate for the gas tank..It is not too bad yet, but I am running the stock Toyota (TRD if there is a dif) rear springs and feel that it could become a bigger issue with a set of flexier springs like some Deavers for example.
Front:
[/IMG]
Bottom: It does show a small rub mark in the edge of the plastic guard
[/IMG]
Top of e-locker and guard-shows a little rubbing--nothing on the tank just yet..
[/IMG]
So I will be giving Sky's a call later today. I will pull off the e-locker guard hopefully tomorrow and clearance the guard as much as possible (looks like I should be able to take off a 1/4" or so) and than give it a good coat of paint...still cheap insurance but would be nice if a manufacturer let you know of the possibility..
--> thanks for letting us know of this possible issue...guess it depends on who made it, but seems like it will be a quick fix
Robb

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I guess I answered my own question. Installed on Friday; wheeled on Sunday.

Granted, they are just flesh wounds on the plastic gas tank skid, but it wouldn't take much to push that into the tank.:(

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
^Click the link in the 1st post. There's another thread that lists 5 or 6 vendors that carry these. All Pro, Marlin, Sky, and a few others.

But the whole "cheap insurance" thought is questionable if you are putting your gas tank at risk.....

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
yea - that's the plan, just need to find a grinder. It's just surprising to me that the vendor is still in denial about this, and hasn't changed the design to fix it. When I complained, I was told to return it......

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
8 Participants
Jacket
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing