TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a pic of their Taco with these Eagle #187's and any opinions on them?

Thanks!

AZ05Taco

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just bought a set of them yesterday for my truck. There is a friend of mine around here that has the Pro Comp Extreme Alloys that look close to those on his truck and I think they are awsome. That's why I went with the 187s. I know that there is a place that I found off ebay that has a good deal on them right now. $399 including lugs, caps, valve stems, and free shipping.

Here's the Link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7944504519&category=43955

I know it says that it only has a certain number of hours or whatever, but I called them yesterday and they told me they would honor that price till wednesday, but I went ahead and ordered them anyways. I think they are a nice rim. The simulated beadlock I think adds a little more aggressive look for a truck.

Overall I think they are a good looking rim for the price. I have always run a Classic II rim on my trucks, so this will be a little change for me, but still the basic same. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Are these a PAIN to clean just like the Classic II's...or do they have a clear coat or something on them to protect them(somewhat) from the elements?

·
Registered
469 Posts
From my experience with wheels with clearcoat, I'd say stay away from them like the plague. I've never seen a set last more than 1 or 2 years if there is anything resembling salt on the roads where they're used. The pic of mine in my sig is of a set of AmericanRacing wheels that were clearcoated when new (most of that crap has flaked/worn/whatever off and looks really bad now).

I'm getting new wheels sometime soon, and they will not be clearcoated. Probably not such an issue if you never see salt, but around here even though we really only get a couple of snows a year, they just won't last long.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just like a polished rim. They are easy to clean. I never had any problems with my classic II's when I had them on my old truck. I always wash my truck on a regular basis and polished the rims 1 time a month (even in the winter). yeah it's cold and it sucked, but I wanted my rims to stay nice and shinny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts