TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's wheel! Plan on heading up Friday night, camping down on pierce loop near the river. Wheel around eagle lakes during the day saturday, hit signal peak before nightfall.

CB 31
HAM : simplex 146.460 no tone
Best repeaters in area?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Let's wheel! Plan on heading up Friday night, camping down on pierce loop near the river. Wheel around eagle lakes during the day saturday, hit signal peak before nightfall.

CB 31
HAM : simplex 146.460 no tone
Best repeaters in area?
Might be up for this... not familiar with the trail... how difficult is or isn't it?

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Its very easy. The only hard spot is driveshaft hill but you can bypass it.

Going down fordyce to the first crossing is fun. A couple tough spots but not too bad

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
Im also out for this run. Doing the virginia city moto race that weekend

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'd be in. At this rate it should be pretty dry. Heading down to the first river crossing is a fun little run, I'd be up for that Saturday..Either way I'm ready to do some wheelin

·
Registered
216 Posts
Count me as another maybe. Ya'll just starting at Eagle lakes Rd right off of HWY 80? Only time I've attempted this trial it was iced over, never made it to the first river crossing.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm a maybe too, I have potential business travel that is preventing me from committing right now.
Come out fucker, I wont pour booze down your throat I promise.
Count me as another maybe. Ya'll just starting at Eagle lakes Rd right off of HWY 80? Only time I've attempted this trial it was iced over, never made it to the first river crossing.
Ya, I plan on camping down off Peirce OHV loop near the river. send me a PM and ill send you my number. Otherwise the HAM frequency's work once you get on the trail too.

WHO WANTS TO WHEEL?! :driving:

·
Registered
216 Posts
I'm still game. As I've never gotten to the crossing(s)....how many are we doing and how deep are we talking this time of year? Last time I crossed water that mattered was in FL and it was just mud/sand crap... no rushing creek. I'm not scared to try it but I'll be bringing a rookie with his first 4x4 that he's picking up in a week. Lift, tires and all essentials are ordered. It's super clean and I'd hate to sink it on his first trip. I've done it to mine twice now and well...you can't really refer to mine as "clean" any longer.

It's a 98 with rear locker, we're doing the same lift I have and 35s. If nothing else....I guess I could drive it across for him and then we'll have to give him $hit all night.

I know about the site with the depth chart but can someone post a couple vids of what we are crossing? some of those Fordyce videos look bad! I'm sure it's not like that all the time.

Thanks..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been a long time lurker on TTORA. Just moved to NorCal from SoCal and lookin' for some new offroad buddies. Will probably join you guys on this trip.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I don't think you're likely to find much water in Fordyce creek at any time this year. It's so damn dry up here the frogs are thirsty and coughing up dust. Be careful, at night they might even rob your coolers for beer.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts