TTORA Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
LOL he does look like that! The trail actually seemed more filled in than usual. The one squareish rock that was pretty hard on the first part of the hill before was pretty much covered.

As for me, this is the only pic I got. Pic of one of the full sized trucks trying to go through the off cambered section with snow on it. He was the first to go and slipped off and into a tree, damaged the body, and broke a window. Had to slide him along the trees to get him through. An open/open jeep went through after him but made it through ok, but still sketchy. The next full size did the same stuff, slid right into the tree and got heavily damaged. They tried for an hour for them to get him through (he ended up like the image below also) but we got tired of waiting for them so we ended up backing up all the way back down to the first hill since there was no place to turn around.

BTW I like the guys ballerina pose lol

Still a fair amount of snow in some spots but super icy on a lot of spots. I'm not sure how much was up there before, as it's been in the 70's all week and hasn't snowed in quite some time, so don't know how much melted, but all of us were surprised at the condition. We thought there would be nothing. If the snow/ice is still there if anyone else was planning on going soon, body damage is almost guaranteed.

As I said in the other thread, I was able to make it 3/4 of the way up the first part of the big hill then I had to pull cable to get the rest of the way up. First use woo! Everyone else who had a front locker made it fine.

After we turned around we explored a few side roads with some fun obstacles and also Saran Wrap. There was a lot of people out today.

The guy with us in the FJ was pretty crazy. Taking that thing up all sorts of gnarly spots. Nice guy!

On another note, Eagle Rock is in need of a serious trail cleanup. The trail head has about a billion shells, targets, trash, boxes, grafitti, trees shot up, and various large targets such as phonebooks, microwaves, and a shot up couch. Has anyone adopted this trail? It's gotten pretty bad and would hate to see it turn out like Carnage.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Here are some vids, this hill was really steep and as usual the video makes it look like nothing lol

·
Registered
734 Posts
Brad looks like he's thinking, "What the hell are you doing?"

Is the trail dug out any? Last time it had some pretty decent holes by the larger rocks... but that was a while ago. :(
I was just amazed that the FJ could go anywhere he wanted.
Eagle Rock would be easier than in the past if it wasn't for the ice.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
That off-camber spot scared us last time we went up; I can do off-camber, but on ice... no thanks. We met up with a stock-ish TJ who went halfway across before he got too tipsy; his wife/girlfriend stood on the passenger-side slider as counterweight while he backed out. There really isn't anywhere to actually turn around that I remember; I think there's a turn near there that's barely big enough to effect a 73-point turn but that's about it.

>>Dan

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was just emailed that my TTORA account was approved (maybe they weren't sure they wanted an FJ guy on here?! :xrocker:, sorry for the late post of pictures! Here's what I have for the day (not much new, sorry!) :)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just so people know. The 2nd gen on mtr is mine. Havent gottan on here much but that is going to change. My toyota was my daily for a while and now have another truck to get to work.
So now i can damage and upgrade my baby again

·
Registered
734 Posts
Just so people know. The 2nd gen on mtr is mine. Havent gottan on here much but that is going to change. My toyota was my daily for a while and now have another truck to get to work.
So now i can damage and upgrade my baby again
Sweet! We'll have to hit that trail up again soon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts