TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Ask Son of Mayhem... he has all the dirt on Eagle Rock.... *just razzing you Adam* ;)

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Ask Son of Mayhem... he has all the dirt on Eagle Rock.... *just razzing you Adam* ;)
Rasict...

Well yes, You take 25 south to lake blvd. In the springs, Take Lake west till you see the big Broadmoor hotel in front of you. Take the loopy south, follow that road round the golfcourse. When you get to a stop sign, go straight through. Follow that long ass dirt road till you see a pond on your right, with 2 trails running through trees. The one on the right is eagle rock. It is a fun trail, but with snow it sucks and is very hard.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You can take the by passes in stock without snow.

Its a bit tuff with snow. You may not make it all the way over.

My unlce and i ran it Sunday and there was a bit of snow in a few spots.

If you go soon you should be fine

·
20,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Follow that long ass dirt road till you see a pond on your right, with 2 trails running through trees. The one on the right is eagle rock. It is a fun trail, but with snow it sucks and is very hard.
You'll be on that dirt road for 10 miles. The trail head has a 370C sign.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
you should be fine Ike. Post up when you go. I might tag along. My trip up there this weekend was decided about 15 min before we got to the trail..... lol

yes Eagle rock is 370c

Saran Wrap is 370d. Its really fun too!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Last time i went the first hill was really rutted bad made it alot more challenging then anytime before. i got up only by acting like a baja racer.

·
Registered
71 Posts
and stay to the left of the pond if your running stock trust me on that one. i've seen blazers and rangers stuck from flooding their engines going in on the right.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Rasict...
You spelled racist wrong.... (Says the totally inept speller that can;t even get an apostrophe right and uses a semi colon instead)...

Oh and NEENER, NEENER, NEENER!

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Eagle Rock is FSR 370C.

http://www.4x4trails.net/db_view_trail.php?trailNum=395

It is rated a 7. It is every bit of a 7. Locker is necessary. Sliders strongly recommended. Even the bypasses are not necessarily easy. Two trucks minimum for doing this trail. A tow strap is strongly recommended. Winch is optional.

The entry to Eagle Rock along Gold Camp Road is a large water obstacle.

This trail is passable until snowfall accumulates to drift the trail closed. The conditions on this trail change from month to month. If you want to see pictures, do a webshots search for my screen name. I have pictures posted in a folder with the trail name.

The lower part of the trail is rocky, with lots of loose material to climb. The upper part of the trail is quite narrow and weaves between trees. A newer model Tacoma will need to make a three-point turn through some of the trees while the older, smaller Tacomas will be capable of driving right through.

It is possible to do Eagle Rock with a stock Tacoma. But I refer you to my opening statement.

The trail ties into FSR 379 just below the spur to go up Mt. Baldy. If you want the easier trail out, turn right/east on 379, it is 2wd. If you want a longer, slightly more adventurous exit, turn left on 379, it requires 4wd and dumps out onto 376 to go back to Gold Camp Road.

Please note though, I had a group on FSR 379 last weekend and sections of the trail already have the beginning of the winter snowpack accumulating.

Eagle Rock is still one of my favorite trails. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Brian: Its 370c

I think they have the header labeled wrong on 4x4 trails beacause their text says this.....

Access: To get there take Old Stagecoach Road out of Colorado Springs, past the Mt. Baldy(Cpt. Jacks) trail head.It's about 3-4 miles from that point. After you cross a cattle guard you are just a couple minutes from the trailhead. The trail is on the north side, and is marked 370 C. Head up the trail from there. Please note that there are trails running in many directions from the trailhead. Keep bearing right at forks and watch the signs to stay on 370C.

Trail dmage also has it marked as 370c
http://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=39

I have been there a hundred times and am pretty sure it is 370c. But then again i know exactly where it is so i may not have read that sign in a long time :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts