TTORA Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
4,068 Posts
My cousin just had a 94 bout back. I didnt think it applied tho that gen, but his frame was toast and he got an 8500 check out of the deal.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
This was hanging on my mirror when I picked my truck up and I didn't think twice about it since I live in a apartment.

They werent kidding, there are a few huge piles of goop under my truck. I wouldn't enjoy having to clean that stuff off my garage floor! If you still need to get this done you might want to put some newspapers down or something.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I thought I heard that the buy back went back to the 90-91 year model, but I didn't put much stock into that rumor. I guess there was something to it afterall.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
another way to clean the stuff "off" your frame would be to go wheeling...I guess your truck is safe! :flipoff1:

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
You and Joe should "clean your frames" together then :D
no, I actually have taken my truck to the orv park. Still counts because I did drive around the parking lot! ;):lmao::lmao:
That would also explain why you haven't taken your truck in to get the frame treatment yet.

:flipoff1: :D
Hello! TEXAS TRUCK! :rolleyes: I don't have rust on my bucket! :lmao:

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I like to hear things like that! I am hoping by the end of the summer I will be able to hit the trails more which will prompt more activity up here as well.

We just have to keep promoting the opportunity for people to get out. Be instigators I guess some would call it. :D

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I love rumors! :D

I was trying to keep this thread clean but you guys aren't making it very easy! :flipoff4:
Call me, got an idea for you!

and you should know with Mark and I, no thread is safe! ;)

Rumor has it he may be getting some sliders soon...
Yea I heard those rumors also, as well as some altitude adjustments!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Mine Frame is still solid......14 years in the salt and nothing more than surface rust.

I would like to see some numbers as to which years are the worst for rust. My 97 spent 12 years and 234k in the rust belt and was rock solid, now this 96 I have has spent 14 years and 187k in the rust belt and it is fine.......It seems the 95.5-97's were actually better than the 98-00's. We have had 3 98-00 tacomas come through the used car dept. here at work all with junk frames.......the sad part is all 3 were put on the lot and sold for big money cause nobody bothered to check them out before they bought them:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
you bring up a good point, It would be interesting to find out what the ratios are between year models.

Joe???? you are normally good at finding out that kind of info/stat

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Has anyone seen any buy back percentages? I'd like to see some numbers on how many frames are fine vs bad.
it might be buried on the national thread somewhere, but that thread is so long now, I can't even open it!

Besides, "some of us" have more important things to do other than keep up with statistics! ;)
you bring up a good point, It would be interesting to find out what the ratios are between year models.

Joe???? you are normally good at finding out that kind of info/stat
Suddenly now you're interested? I'm sure it's buried on the national board somewhere. :flipoff4:

Just kidding, I'll see if I can find anything this evening.

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
WEll damn! sorry! LOL

I guess moods change and all that crap! you are just better looking up stats that some of us.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Oh yeah, I forgot to report. I didn't really find anything as far as numbers go, I think Toyota is keeping that info for themselves. Sorry man!

·
Registered
11,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I did see a report yesterday that was "supposedly" done by an independant "government agency that found that in almost 95% of all the toyota vehicles that unexpectedly acclerated it was driver error and not mechanical.

the evidence was supposedly finally retrieved from the car's "black boxes". This evidence means that in those cases, the black box showed that the gas peddle was full open and the driver never attempted to apply the brakes. From that they determined that the drivers mistakenly hit the gas when they thought they were hitting the brake peddle.

Toyota said that they will do their own investigation of that data. that kind of tells me that Toyota wanted to be at fault. it ruins their current ad campaign of "we human also, but we are trying harder than anyone else"

Hmmm.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
8 Participants
Bear
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing