TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I'm a long time Taco guy and am going to ditch the Taco for a 3rd gen 4Runner (the kids don't fit any more).

I've got a 95.5 ext cab running 255/85/16 KM2s with OME 882s on stock wheels. I have never had much rubbing except on the drivers side frame at full steering lock. (I had my alignment shove everything as far forward as possible within spec.)

Is the front end of a 3rd gen the same as a 95.5 Taco? I'd like to run these with no lift and I think it should work.

I'd be willing to cut plastic, remove mud flap screws and maybe take a hammer to the pinch weld (but I didn't do any of this to my Taco and I've never rubbed there). The only differences I can see are the fender flares on the 4Runner.

If you have personal experience with this (not just read about it), please let me know.

F

·
Registered
169 Posts
All of the suspension is nearly identical with the exception of some of the sway bars. Body is obviously a bit different, but fitment is usually similar if not identical. That said a 255/85/16 is nearly exactly 33x10". A great size, but you will almost guaranteed need at least a minimal lift. 1-2"

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of the suspension is nearly identical with the exception of some of the sway bars. Body is obviously a bit different, but fitment is usually similar if not identical. That said a 255/85/16 is nearly exactly 33x10". A great size, but you will almost guaranteed need at least a minimal lift. 1-2"
Thanks Squishy! Here is a quick conceptual question...if I can fully cycle my 255s on my taco without rubbing (except the frame rail) and the lift just pushes the lower a-arm down, shouldn't these have the same rub as with a lift? Maybe the lift reduces total uptravel and that's why it doesn't rub?

F

·
Registered
169 Posts
My experience has been rubbing on the rear area of the wheel well with 33" on my 99 runner. It took some pinch weld beating even with the lift.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ran 285/75r16 with no lift for a few months and I had to do quite a bit of hammering and cutting on the front wheel well and fire wall and a little in the rear. Nothing crazy but if I couldn't fit those tire stock then I couldn't fit the tires while Offroading with a lift. Your wheel goes in the same place when stuffed up in the wheel well. The only thing I rubbed after that was my UCA (which won't be an issue with 255's) and the frame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts