TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one of the older style Alpines which is about a couple years old. I think its the 9851?? I can connect an Ipod to it but its the slower version unit. I'm aware that Alpine now has Ipod ready units with "quick search" or something like that. Does anybody have one of these and how do you like it? I'm looking for a head unit to connect to my Ipod thats easy to use and quick. I know you have to have a cable to connect the Alpine as well. Do any of you guys have any head units with this hook up and how do you like it?? I'm not looking for anything expensive either. Nothing over $200. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I just got my ipod yesterday but havn't received it yet. Is there anything in particular I need to do to set this thing up so its easier to use? How can it be unorganized? Sorry to be a dumbass!

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One more thing, when I shut the car off with the ipod connected will it cut the ipod off too?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Well, I just got my ipod yesterday but havn't received it yet. Is there anything in particular I need to do to set this thing up so its easier to use? How can it be unorganized? Sorry to be a dumbass!
No, no, no...Rob said organazized. That's different.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
One more thing, when I shut the car off with the ipod connected will it cut the ipod off too?
uhh depends on what u have my pioneer.. charges the ipod at the same time.. and it turns it off. realy technicly it is on

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, no, no...Rob said organazized. That's different.
Yeah, he said it will function better if its organized. I mean how can it possibly be unorganized? I thought it organized the songs and everything on its own?

·
Premium Member
1,898 Posts
I have one of the older style Alpines which is about a couple years old. I think its the 9851?? I can connect an Ipod to it but its the slower version unit. I'm aware that Alpine now has Ipod ready units with "quick search" or something like that. Does anybody have one of these and how do you like it? I'm looking for a head unit to connect to my Ipod thats easy to use and quick. I know you have to have a cable to connect the Alpine as well. Do any of you guys have any head units with this hook up and how do you like it?? I'm not looking for anything expensive either. Nothing over $200. Any help would be great!
I got a panasonic that has an aux input and I've had nothiing but praise for it.....was a little leary buying a panasonic, but it's a good solid unit, and they're cheap.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an Alpine 9883 with the iPod Full Speed connection in the back (I actually upgraded from the 9851 so I could get this feature). I love it! The iPod comes on/off with the head unit and also charges when plugged in, and the search function is very easy to navigate. I mainly listen to playlists, but searching for Artists is easy as well, there is an incremental search (ex. #1 would be the 'A' bands, 4 would be 'H' or 'L')..I know it that doesn't make too much sense, but its explained better in the manual.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I've been looking at new head units for my Taco as well. I have been leaning towards an Alpine CDA-9885 or maybe a JVC KD-AR780 or KD-AR880. I have read that the JVC models that use the external iPod interface box are sort of slow in navigating through your music collection but I haven't seen one in action myself.

I found this video that shows what the Alpine high speed iPod connection is capable of and I'm rather impressed: iPod control by Alpine

I may just have to get myself an Alpine after seeing that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts